• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Ultimate snow tire?

Attachments

• snow%203-3-12%20050.jpg
    snow%203-3-12%20050.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 353
IMHO, they're the best all-around tire, including street driving... and they're GREAT in the snow, just wondering what else is better for snow ONLY.:redneck:

those are GREAT, rep what ya preach. There is no miracle tire, but some treads do better in different snow types. powder vs. spring, denney creek vs. mission, balloon vs. squared off... snowmobile tracks are the same way.

I ran 36" bias and JR ran 37" radial IROKs and mine were bigger, I also think the bias are less prone to coming off the beads. By far the best snow tire for our type of snow. :awesomework:

How many of you groove your tires for snow? Bobby had a set of grooved 42 iroks. Pooh grooved his bias Pitbull Rockers way back. I grooved my bias TSL's back in the day.

What do you do?

:corn:

Yes they sucked really bad, mtr stickies turned to giant ice cubes and even at 2 psi no traction.

That sounds like my experience with sticky creepys...so frustrating when a bunch of stock'ish rigs walk right up the snow covered hill you just threw everything you had at :haha:

Oh, and my heavy ass 4runner loaded with 5 people and full of WAY too much gear handed many rigs their ass in the snow with my grooved Rockers. Loved those tires.