• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Unofficial DNR/Reiter Rocky Buggy

didnt think that you were trying to take my position and i appreciate all the help you put in and have no issue with you I just get agervated when people use a situation for there own profit when whats its really about is the good of reiter as a whole. there have been a ton of times we could have used a big heavy rig like mine out there and would love for some people to help me get it fixed but thats not my style.
I am not going to try to get any extra stuff for me personally to keep with sayin "its all for reiter" everyone can bring stuff to use if they have it but i dont expect to get it donated to me so that i can use it for personal stuff and just hppen to use it at reiter sometimes as well.

i will read the whole thread one of these days but I have 2 meetings this week and working 12 hr days all week as well. now im going to go have a :beer:and go to bed.

How is any of this for his profit. How is some heavy contraption on the back of a perfectly balanced buggy going to enrich his personal life? Is he gonna be like "naw I don't feel like wheelin' today, I'm just gonna skid logs around the yard instead."

If I can help him help all of us, then I'll do it.
If I can help you help all of us, then I'll do that too. As a matter of fact I have a TH 400 I planned of rebuilding, (It lost reverse) but if you think it would be an easier fix than yours, and will get your rig back in action, then you can have it. I'd even put in in for you if thats what it takes for me to do my part in the overall effort.

.....and have no issue with you I just get aggravated when people use a situation for there own profit when whats its really about is the good of Reiter as a whole.

I will defend myself on this point though, and just say "profit" is not exactly what I'll be doing.:haha: More like.......the "donation" of this vehicle is truly a donation. I'll be there and it will be there, getting used and abused (I hope:D)

Jesus ****ing Christ!:redneck:
:eeek:
19-87-large.jpg

:haha::flipoff:

didnt think that you were trying to take my position and i appreciate all the help you put in and have no issue with you I just get agervated when people use a situation for there own profit when whats its really about is the good of reiter as a whole. there have been a ton of times we could have used a big heavy rig like mine out there and would love for some people to help me get it fixed but thats not my style.
I am not going to try to get any extra stuff for me personally to keep with sayin "its all for reiter" everyone can bring stuff to use if they have it but i dont expect to get it donated to me so that i can use it for personal stuff and just hppen to use it at reiter sometimes as well.

i will read the whole thread one of these days but I have 2 meetings this week and working 12 hr days all week as well. now im going to go have a :beer:and go to bed.

I think if I was you I would have read the whole thread before posting your last 2 statments. I'm reasonably sure that a giant crane like setup on the back of a comp/trail rig is not doing anything for "HIS" own good :;.

From my original post:

V------------------V

Owner Liability
Usage for other projects/ORV areas (open to it)
Operation by others than myself (open to it)
Vehicle Specs (it's not registered, etc)
Using my vehicle for other tasks (moving large rocks, mass of rocks on small trailer, etc)

These are all other things to discuss.:awesomework:

Anybody want to take a stab at one of these items?

Liability is one aspect not discussed. At a DNR work party all volunteers are covered by PPE. I'm volunteering, so my "person" is covered. It is as simple as that? Does the operation of my rig by another individual change anything?

From my original post:

Anybody want to take a stab at one of these items?

Liability is one aspect not discussed. At a DNR work party all volunteers are covered by PPE. I'm volunteering, so my "person" is covered. It is as simple as that? Does the operation of my rig by another individual change anything?

I know that we can operate DNR's vehicles and equipment, But I don't know of anything regarding our own.

I would imagine Mark, that anyone else there to help would also fall under the coverage as a volunteer...but as for someone else in your rig, I am not sure---may need to check with your ins co.:eeek:

---may need to check with your ins co.:eeek:

This is an non-registered, un-insured vehicle......always has been. Almost all buggies are. (whole different discussion) Getting it licensed and then insured is a daunting task, if possible at all.

I don't think that's an issue though for use at a DNR work party.....this vehicle will be used like a 'bobcat'. Are 'bobcats' registered and insured?

If I was allowed to wheel Reiter, you'd think I'd be able to Restore Reiter by the same principal.

Last edited:
This is an non-registered, un-insured vehicle......always has been. Almost all buggies are. (whole different discussion) Getting it licensed and then insured is a daunting task, if possible at all.

I don't think that's an issue though for use at a DNR work party.....this vehicle will be used like a 'bobcat'. Are 'bobcats' registered and insured?

If I was allowed to wheel Reiter, you'd think I'd be able to Restore Reiter by the same principal.

check with your insurance i know for me i am covered under any vehical i drive or operate :awesomework:

If there were a serious injury accident while someone else were driving your buggy insurance would be complicated. First off the buggy is your personal property so it's your responsibility wether it's titled or not. Secondly while volunteering L&I covers us all while working. The **** storm would be when the (state)DNR reports the accident and the state L&I decides they don't want to blame themselves and points the finger at you.....A easy fix for this might be if you rented your rig (1c?) or officially donated it but I don't know if you could do that temporarily.