• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Unwritten rules of off-road

I just try my best to make it a point to NOT be the guy in the group to hinder everyone else's fun. I suppose wheeling 99.9% at windrock has gotten the philosophy drilled in my head that "if you break....you're spending the night". I don't like camping....I don't like not being able to be mobile when I want.

With that said, I've worked on my steering pump situation on/off for bout 2 weeks.....99% sure I've got it figured out / semi-tested... just need a new serp. belt but I'm STILL gonna go drive it around the lot / backyard for about an hour and see how it performs. Things like steering / rolling / engine power are rather important to me.

I've had to limp off the trail twice I believe in 4 or so years......call it "***** wheeling" or whatever, but I'm content. I've also been very fortunate to wheel with some very capable and most times over-built rigs. Only a handful of times we've had the "parts fallin off specials" ride with us. That was moreso back in my XJ days. The old blue XJ seemed to be more of a safety net / rescue vehicle back then.....which at one point made me want stop wheeling.

Re: Re: Unwritten rules of off-road

CHASMAN9 said:
What about attire?
Flat bills vs Good Ol boy bent hats?
Black socks with Birkenstocks vs boots and socks? :gay:
Shirts with advertisement vs Shirts advertising flashemifyougotem vs no shirts?
Jorts vs shorts vs Dolphin shorts? :gay:
Music selection- Freebird vs Seal? Loud vs tolerable vs singing to yourself?

Just thinking and starting to get a headache. :dunno: :stir:

ADMINISTRATOR
Usually how I show up...
ccaefbc8aab772a3b8a7e251c33e6f79.jpg

I agree with everything above ( Especially have your **** trail worthy ) About the only thing I can add is, Have a sense of humor.... It isn't a race, its a trail ride where everyone is out there to have fun.....So have fun and don't take yourself to seriously.

Rule #1 in the camping area for sure. Not everyone wants to stay up until 5:00am or get up at 5:00 am so shut the **** up.

They had a hole in'em dude....basically ruined so I figured why not. I wasn't gonna wear my creased Jordache button flys out there! Get real....

tonybolton said:
They had a hole in'em dude....basically ruined so I figured why not. I wasn't gonna wear my creased Jordache button flys out there! Get real....

Bahahhahahahahahahahahaha, ballin.... molaugh

ADMINISTRATOR

A lot of same thoughts here: trash, drinking, fix ur junk ::)
- don't leave anyone in our group behind/ no matter what
- we usually wheel with same folks, I've had folks ask to join us wheeling, usually I say if you junk doesn't look like ours it might when you get back
- if to many folks line up, break up into smaller groups
- if everyone is crawling and making lines and obstacles, keep going!!!
- bring snacks and drinks, if someone breaks, then your prepared

Re: Unwritten rules of off-road

Wheelin at GMP or any other small park:

If your **** breaks on a night run, it's getting drug to the side and we'll fix it in the morning!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Unwritten rules of off-road

tonybolton said:
I'm not sure I could leave my rig on the trail.....I'm just too paranoid. I hate camping, but I hate thieves more.

I wouldn't leave my junk on the trail at windrock, maybe in the middle of rail trail... but probably not

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re:

onepieceatatime said:
Always keep the rig behind you in line within eyesight. If you can't see them stop. Accidents can happy easy and fast in this ****. I know it's not easy to see out of the back of a lot rigs but try to give a little effort and don't just blindly haul ads to the next trail.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

The "John G" rule!

Re:

ljholmann said:
The "John G" rule!
While we have this going does anyone remember the brand rear view mirrors he put on solo? I can't see **** out of the back of mine strapped in and every time I go I say damn I need to order a mirror like john had when I get home and never do

tonybolton said:
I just try my best to make it a point to NOT be the guy in the group to hinder everyone else's fun. I suppose wheeling 99.9% at windrock has gotten the philosophy drilled in my head that "if you break....you're spending the night". I don't like camping....I don't like not being able to be mobile when I want.

With that said, I've worked on my steering pump situation on/off for bout 2 weeks.....99% sure I've got it figured out / semi-tested... just need a new serp. belt but I'm STILL gonna go drive it around the lot / backyard for about an hour and see how it performs. Things like steering / rolling / engine power are rather important to me.

I've had to limp off the trail twice I believe in 4 or so years......call it "***** wheeling" or whatever, but I'm content. I've also been very fortunate to wheel with some very capable and most times over-built rigs. Only a handful of times we've had the "parts fallin off specials" ride with us. That was moreso back in my XJ days. The old blue XJ seemed to be more of a safety net / rescue vehicle back then.....which at one point made me want stop wheeling.

Tony, you have a very capable rig! I've rode a lot with you, I wouldn't consider your wheeling as "*****" in any aspect. I love to give you hell, but all jokes aside other than you almost losing some fingers in a fan, ive never sat on the side of the trail with you. :driving:

yankster said:
Rule #1 in the camping area for sure. Not everyone wants to stay up until 5:00am or get up at 5:00 am so shut the **** up.

We were at Hawk Pride camping and some moron was racing up and down the gravel road on an RZR blasting hick hop all night long. From the gate to the "concession stand" over and over and over. It was turrible

money_pit_yj said:
We were at Hawk Pride camping and some moron was racing up and down the gravel road on an RZR blasting hick hop all night long. From the gate to the "concession stand" over and over and over. It was turrible

That would have lasted 30 seconds if I was there. I can't handle it. I will go full retard