• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Unwritten rules of off-road

money_pit_yj said:
We were at Hawk Pride camping and some moron was racing up and down the gravel road on an RZR blasting hick hop all night long. From the gate to the "concession stand" over and over and over. It was turrible

We were at Hawk Pride Labor Day weekend, some gayzr dude about 100 yards away was bumping hick hop and what not, to the point we could not hear one another talk around our camp fire. He finally got the message, but, it was BS.

Don't show up with a known issue.

When you break a few minuets off the trailer and say "It's been doing that for weeks" expect to get kicked in the grundle.... don't make the group tow you or fix something on your junk you could have fixed at home.

ljholmann said:
Tony, you have a very capable rig! I've rode a lot with you, I wouldn't consider your wheeling as "*****" in any aspect. I love to give you hell, but all jokes aside other than you almost losing some fingers in a fan, ive never sat on the side of the trail with you. :driving:

Well thanks. I'd honestly like to try some harder stuff or beat on the thing more....but I know if I break something its gonna cost me money, piss me off, and top it with a fact of I HATE WORKING ON ****. And until I'm sponsored or have a pit crew, I'm content just wandering around the dirt and rocks and meeting/watching other people.

tonybolton said:
Well thanks. I'd honestly like to try some harder stuff or beat on the thing more....but I know if I break something its gonna cost me money, piss me off, and top it with a fact of I HATE WORKING ON ****. And until I'm sponsored or have a pit crew, I'm content just wandering around the dirt and rocks and meeting/watching other people.
me too.

tonybolton said:

This is complete BS... that jeep has been up some very serious trails. :gtfo:
After the second hill (the one I broke on) it was obvious that you know the park and your rig well and it was gonna be a long day of getting shown up by a rig with way less money in it than mine.
Not to get all sentimental,but ohhh buddy I was pissed when I drove six hours to break on the second Hill. But looking back that turned into one of my favorite trips. Good times with good people.

Re: Unwritten rules of off-road

I try to abide by most of the rules said above. I do have a tendency to beat on my rig harder than most. Somehow, it takes it.

On that note, I'm not ok with showing up with a known issue. But I don't mind at all if you show up and an hour in you are beating on a ledge, break and we have to drag you out. It happens. Rigs break. That's part of it. And atleast you went out in style.

My wife always gives me a hard time for my go to slogan of "it's an easy fix".

I'm bad about putting a gap between me and the person behind me. I tend to drive a little quicker than I should. But I will stop every minute or two and make sure everyone catches up and is good. I'm working on being better about that one.

You put me at GMP or AOP and i'll struggle on stuff that locals walk up......just how it is. I just have a general idea of where to put a tire at windrock because I basically have a mailbox up there.

We all know how certain rigs just work on some things and not others. Just a game of inches....be it width or wheelbase, or even WEIGHT!.

tonybolton said:
We all know how certain rigs just work on some things and not others. Just a game of inches....be it width or wheelbase, or even WEIGHT!.

That's what she said.

Had a buddy drive from Atlanta to Golden Mtn, backed off the trailer and broke an axel. I **** you not, backing off the trailer the axel snapped. Didn't have a spare so he just rig hopped all weekend. Never got down, never got mad just hopped from one vehicle to the next.

muddinmetal said:
Why the edit Ed?
Added the hashtag. I never erase anything.

Don't you know this is HL nothing gets deleted.

I'm also editing this post.... just to keep you on your toes

Eddyj said:
Added the hashtag. I never erase anything.

Don't you know this is HL nothing gets deleted.

I'm also editing this post.... just to keep you on your toes

I can't help it that I am a window licker who despises urban, or urban inspired, music

tonybolton said:

You're sandbagging. I am not. I do good to get stuff fixed in my garage, let alone on a trail so I try to take it easy. I almost worry to the point that it is not fun for me. I am less concerned about the actual breakage because I like being out there, I just hate ruining a day for everyone else, especially my family. I want to just one time lay an epic beatdown on my rig just to say I did. I don't really understand that conservative mentality either because I used to punish every other toy I have had. :dunno:

I am not even really "scared" of trying difficult stuff, I just do not want to break. I think, if I had the money, skill and resources to fix and keep up a bouncer style rig I would probably try just about anything. That's not to say I would make it, but I would try nonetheless.

money_pit_yj said:
You're sandbagging. I am not. I do good to get stuff fixed in my garage, let alone on a trail so I try to take it easy. I almost worry to the point that it is not fun for me. I am less concerned about the actual breakage because I like being out there, I just hate ruining a day for everyone else, especially my family. I want to just one time lay an epic beatdown on my rig just to say I did. I don't really understand that conservative mentality either because I used to punish every other toy I have had. :dunno:

I am not even really "scared" of trying difficult stuff, I just do not want to break. I think, if I had the money, skill and resources to fix and keep up a bouncer style rig I would probably try just about anything. That's not to say I would make it, but I would try nonetheless.

^ this. We're on the same page.

muddinmetal said:
I can't help it that I am a window licker who despises urban, or urban inspired, music

I enjoy some lil wayne from time to time
The Luke said:
^ this. We're on the same page.

Fool I followed you most of the weekend don't lie to us lol. you went bouncing up that first trail and made it hard for the rest of us then laughed from the top as I winched hahahha.

jeeptj99 said:
I enjoy some lil wayne from time to time

Fool I followed you most of the weekend don't lie to us lol. you went bouncing up that first trail and made it hard for the rest of us then laughed from the top as I winched hahahha.

Anybody who worries about carpet in a Jeep is not gonna surprise me with their weird fetishes