• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

updates on the Z

CHASMAN9 said:
That thing looks great. I wasn't sure by the first few photos, but the result looks hott. What a difference it has made. With the remote rad. and tire, you've got a cross between Baja and badass rock crawler. Great job Brian... :****: :driving:

Reading comprehension just kicked you in the nuts... the photo your refering to is the Ballistic Fab truck and was posted as a reference ! :flipoff1:

P said:
Reading comprehension just kicked you in the nuts... the photo your refering to is the Ballistic Fab truck and was posted as a reference ! :flipoff1:

My badd, they look very much alike. Looks good anyway.

Thanks for the heads up P. &*^*&*%$&^^$^%^&^*&%^ :flipoff1:

made some really good progress today. got the sway bar mounted, fuel cell mounts are in place, spare tire in place, cooler is sorta situated. I picked up a few pieces of steel this evening for the cooler rack and the tail light/license plate mount. before you ask, yes the tire will come out through the top....its a heavy bitch, but I dont PLAN on wheeling alone. lol :driving:
tomorrow we will be working on the shock mounts and some additional bracing. it is possible to be done with the rear tomorrow, other than plumbing the fuel cell and wiring for the pump and lights....we will see.

zr2build030.jpg

zr2build029.jpg

got some stuff done today, basically just tedious stuff that needed done.....grinding...welding...grinding got a cool little mount build for the cooler, the tie downs are pretty niffty. just have to wait and see if you can guess what they are.
zr2build036.jpg

zr2build035.jpg

zr2build034.jpg

zr2build033.jpg

zr2build032.jpg

zr2build031.jpg

The truck looks good . I like the way you back halved it and the way you use the leaf springs is cool as ****.

thanks....those springs have worked out pretty well for me, wish I could have upgraded to some coilovers or struts in the rear, but it wasnt in the cards.

What are they out of (leaf springs) and where did you cut them (length long side or short)? I'm a cheap bastard and want to four link mine. I already have a 4 inch leaf spring in the rear and thought about doin this many times but never found a truck I could look at to see how it was done.

they were from an 05 F350 that we put a lift on. pretty much brand new when I got them. I cut them 6" past the center pin on the short side. there are plenty of pics here...http://terratraction.com/gallery/projects/projectzr2/?g2_page=1

That looks great man. Are you planning on running skins and finish the cool paint all the way out the back? Good job. :dblthumb:

1TONZR2 said:
i kept the bed, so we will see. that part of it is way down on the list. lol

Skinnin that thing would be awesome. Just my .02 Other than that, it looks great. :dblthumb:

alrighty....a little bit of an update
zr2build040.jpg

zr2build039.jpg

zr2build038.jpg

zr2build037.jpg

today was prolly the slowest progress day yet. it was a bitch getting those pieces in there and welded up. we had test fit everything, tacked into place and then pulled it apart to clean up the notches, clean the tube, prime and paint. just less mess in the cab that way. well.....going back together for some reason, it really didnt fit the same way we had it before...who knows why. its in there now though. it is not done yet, still have some bracing to do, the frame tie-in's and tying the interior cage to the front and rear cage/frame. the major bending is done and we really didnt fawk up that much tube...suprisingly lol