• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

WA DNR Trail Policy Public Meetings

I am considering applying for one of Trail Policy Planning Committee positions.

Way cool.
Please do, but be ready to deal with all the loopholes built into the new law.
(I'm available to advise if you need/want).

Per recommendations by some of those who came to the previous sessions, there will be a session in the south sound on Oct 8th.

http://www.dnr.wa.gov/RecreationEducation/News/Pages/2013_10_02_trailspolicy_nr.aspx

If you've been to one of the previous meetings, it'd be great to come here and listen and show you're still interested!

The Battleground meeting was interesting... we need to remember that not everyone in the 4x4 community is on the same page when it comes to construction and maintenance of trails. See ya'll on the 8th!

We got em :awesomework:

We had the presentation for the nova grant for reiter this morning. Costs look better this time around. Was bummed to see the overlook to index was part of the quad trails and not accessible anymore.

Meeting is tonight at the DNR Tumwater Compound.

801 88th Ave SE,
Tumwater, WA, 98512

Is there some sort of talk about adding a width restriction to elbe hills? If so what width? Will this be talked about at the meeting tonight?

Where did that come from:eeek:

I went mostly because I got a text from Steve saying there was talk at previous meetings about putting a width restriction out at Elbe. I obviously don't want that to happen, so I wanted to be heard if that was brought up. It wasn't, and mostly was about this vague trail policy legislation and how a policy committee is going to set official rules for DNR trails here soon. (Which scares me a little)

I appreciate you guys showing up and putting a continous plug for the hardcore offroad world. I feel like the lifted jeep on 33's has a million trails to choose from, but the hardcore trails could be expanded. My hope is to become more active as well, my job permitting.

I went mostly because I got a text from Steve saying there was talk at previous meetings about putting a width restriction out at Elbe. I obviously don't want that to happen, so I wanted to be heard if that was brought up. It wasn't, and mostly was about this vague trail policy legislation and how a policy committee is going to set official rules for DNR trails here soon. (Which scares me a little)

I appreciate you guys showing up and putting a continous plug for the hardcore offroad world. I feel like the lifted jeep on 33's has a million trails to choose from, but the hardcore trails could be expanded. My hope is to become more active as well, my job permitting.

Steve who ? Thanks for coming I wish we had done introductions. These kinds of meetings are always pretty vague but we still need to be at the table or we won't be counted. I hope we will get a couple of good people on the policy committee. I haven't decided whether to apply since my plate is already full but we have to have someone there.

As one of the editors of the original bill (With Steve Davies and Jed Jackson), I sent my application in. Brock seemed to indicate he'd make sure there is a good group of balanced users.

Glad to see there was a good turn out. Had it on my calendar to make it to Tumwater but with our current work schedule, just couldn't get down there. So I'm happy to see we were still represented. :awesomework:

I was very happy to see Ted Keely at the meeting. We have dealt with him a lot over the years at Elbe and he has always been a stand up guy that is willing to listen and compromise if possible. He knows where we stand w/o a doubt. We want to make sure they don't try to bring all the old trails to the new standard. I hope Horus is able to get a committee seat so we have a voice on the inside.