• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Walker, Ron's Run Re-route....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because we have so little trail and so many rigs, peope get clogged up.

that is why I try and not go when it is going to be busy (weekends) or if I do just have to have patients........ buy yeah it always sucks waiting for the whole group in front of you to winch themselves thru something.....

I like your ideas on the solution sounds feasible.....but u know there will always be that guy that thinks he can make it with 33's

But it makes for awsome you tube footage when every one is piled up.:awesomework:

i wasn't going to chime in on this one but: Jakob there are freaking miles of dirt bike and ATV trails at walker, way more then truck trails..... all the work we did last year on this re-route or bypass call it what you will was for the trucks because the original path is too dangerous for rigs, to be up there trying to squeeze around the stumps and **** that has slid down the hill onto the trail...that and the steep ditch/colvert area.... as far as i understood that original path was to be left open to atvs and dirtbikers... so if they can't get through the new section we worked last year FAWK EM........ we don't ride on their trails they can stay off 1 of ours.... yes we did want to make the trail difficult we all said that when we were there building it ( i know i was there for every work day on that trail)..(and yes we did talk about the smaller rigs being able to get up there, as much as we wanted it to be a badass hard line we did try to accommedate the smaller rigs, the weather and user volume just took its toll on that area, thats all) if someone has a rig that cannot handle the difficulty of the new section then they either need to find another trail or go up the main road and come onto the trail at the top or where the trail begins to go up to the skills area.....not everyones rig can do every trail ... whats next??? soon people are going to start complaining that we need to drop a bunch of fill dirt and rock in so they can climb the V-CRACK too.....i know tons of people on 31-33s that can do every bit of walker (V-CRACK excluded), so what if this trail is now worn down to where it can't be done by a lesser expierenced wheeler or a guy with a less set up rig... there are plenty of orv parks to go to and plenty of trails at walker that that wheeler can do...leave the one good trail alone!!!!!!!!!!!!!! also no matter how much bitching everyone does on this nothing is going to change without DNR approval for 1 and the weather to break for a work party is 2.......
as for the logs blocking the swale...we knew when WE put them there this would happen... it was only ment to be a temp thing not a lifetime blockage
another reason i am sure people are going up the swale isn't just to bypass the new section we put in, but i am sure that swale is muddy as fawk and that it at the top of alot of wheelers lists, a mud bog section on the trail....

i wasn't going to chime in on this one but: Jakob there are freaking miles of dirt bike and ATV trails at walker, way more then truck trails..... all the work we did last year on this re-route or bypass call it what you will was for the trucks because the original path is too dangerous for rigs, to be up there trying to squeeze around the stumps and **** that has slid down the hill onto the trail...that and the steep ditch/colvert area.... as far as i understood that original path was to be left open to atvs and dirtbikers... so if they can't get through the new section we worked last year FAWK EM........ we don't ride on their trails they can stay off 1 of ours.... yes we did want to make the trail difficult we all said that when we were there building it ( i know i was there for every work day on that trail)..(and yes we did talk about the smaller rigs being able to get up there, as much as we wanted it to be a badass hard line we did try to accommedate the smaller rigs, the weather and user volume just took its toll on that area, thats all) if someone has a rig that cannot handle the difficulty of the new section then they either need to find another trail or go up the main road and come onto the trail at the top or where the trail begins to go up to the skills area.....not everyones rig can do every trail ... whats next??? soon people are going to start complaining that we need to drop a bunch of fill dirt and rock in so they can climb the V-CRACK too.....i know tons of people on 31-33s that can do every bit of walker (V-CRACK excluded), so what if this trail is now worn down to where it can't be done by a lesser expierenced wheeler or a guy with a less set up rig... there are plenty of orv parks to go to and plenty of trails at walker that that wheeler can do...leave the one good trail alone!!!!!!!!!!!!!! also no matter how much bitching everyone does on this nothing is going to change without DNR approval for 1 and the weather to break for a work party is 2.......
as for the logs blocking the swale...we knew when WE put them there this would happen... it was only ment to be a temp thing not a lifetime blockage
another reason i am sure people are going up the swale isn't just to bypass the new section we put in, but i am sure that swale is muddy as fawk and that it at the top of alot of wheelers lists, a mud bog section on the trail....

you go dude :awesomework:

and to respond about winches.. I think they should be needed on hard trails that have low traffic (and/or people can get around). but not the loop trail.

Because we have so little trail and so many rigs, peope get clogged up. If you have stuck group of 10, then another group of 10 come up behind them -- they will not wait an hour for the first group to go. It just isn't going to happen. Bamo presto, you have a bypass made.

This is also why having obsticles on high traffic trails that require winches is not a good idea. If there is a group behind, we need the group ahead to get out of the way. Those who can make it, go. Those who can't, go around. You turn a hour long winch fest into a 15 minute pass.

This is all bullshit. If you have a group of 10 rigs bottled up at a obstacle and another group of 10 stuck behind them then where is group 2 going to bypass? They aren't anywhere close to the obstacle yet.
By this definition all bypasses now need to be 1/4 mile long too.:rolleyes:
People can use their winches and the people who are stuck behind them can turn around if they don't want to wait.:awesomework:

:awesomework::awesomework:

Now I know where you guys are talking about....we went down it today. I can imagine the back up when its a sloppy mess (like it was today) but dont think it would be all that bad when its dry.

It wasn't too bad going up today. We ran it late in the day so it was soft. Few of us drove it fine, and a couple other needed a tug. The obstacle is fine IMO and if you need a tug its all part of the game.

This is all bullshit. If you have a group of 10 rigs bottled up at a obstacle and another group of 10 stuck behind them then where is group 2 going to bypass? They aren't anywhere close to the obstacle yet.
People can use their winches and the people who are stuck behind them can turn around if they don't want to wait.:awesomework:

HELL YA!!!!

Well said!!!!

Lol. they can turn around.. sure. thats what we hope for. But do they they? Nope. Reality and what you want are not lining up here.

I agree with you and want you to be right, but this bypass issue here is a result of reality being different. Thus until we fix the bottleneck, we will see bypasses occur.

Lol. they can turn around.. sure. thats what we hope for. But do they they? Nope. Reality and what you want are not lining up here.

I agree with you and want you to be right, but this bypass issue here is a result of reality being different. Thus until we fix the bottleneck, we will see bypasses occur.

How is this different than any other trail out there where a bottleneck can happen? Do we continue to build bypass after bypass?

The correct method is educating those who are out there and not give up or we are all fawked...

WTF now you want all of the crap 2 lane. Do you really think that if you build this little by pass that everyone will fall into line and that will be the end of by passes

I think crash said it well

Well said :cool:...the idea behind this bypass IS NOT going to fix a bottleneck issue (when there are folks that want to do the obstacle)...once you get past it, there's nowhere to go as the trail narrows up considerably...

Well said :cool:...the idea behind this bypass IS NOT going to fix a bottleneck issue (when there are folks that want to do the obstacle)...once you get past it, there's nowhere to go as the trail narrows up considerably...

Very true. I suppose the big rock towards the top of Rons trail could end up being the bottleneck (no chance of a bypass there) if a bypass is present at the logs....

So here's a question for everyone. What do YOU think is the problem here? Is it because this section of trail is too hard and everyone takes too long to get past? Is the problem simply that people won't stay on the trail? Is the problem simply that the DNR collectively is a bunch of poopy pants'?
Discuss so maybe we can come up with a viable solution.
:corn:
I'll add my .02c later.

I will say that when approaching from the bottom...If I see a bunch of rigs sitting on the trail, I turn around and go up the road to where ever I was heading. The time I drove down the swale....there was ALOT of compact snow on Jeepcross and there was no way I was making it back UP the steep section,@ the bottom, with my Krawlers.(without a bunch of winching)

The problem is: You can't please everyone, all the time.

True, but we still need to educate the wheelers. One way would be to put a sign at the entrance (at the bottom) stating the difficulty of the trail and maybe a warning that there are NO bypasses present OR allowed. Sure this wont stop everyone but it will allow the more sensible people the option to go up the road instead. Every little bit helps.

So here's a question for everyone. What do YOU think is the problem here? Is it because this section of trail is too hard and everyone takes too long to get past? Is the problem simply that people won't stay on the trail? Is the problem simply that the DNR collectively is a bunch of poopy pants'?
Discuss so maybe we can come up with a viable solution.

The problem is: You can't please everyone, all the time.

Yup :awesomework:

And bottlenecks are not caused specifically by "under acheiving rigs" that have to winch. I have spent many of hours on a trail waiting for a POS rig that has fallen apart on a trail, or even a well maintained rig that just gave it up and broke.It' happens. So let's get off the "lesser built" bullshit shall we?

Last edited:
Very true. I suppose the big rock towards the top of Rons trail could end up being the bottleneck (no chance of a bypass there) if a bypass is present at the logs....

Yup...good point. The Egg Rock is in a spot where a bypass is not even feasable. But I was actually talking about just above the logs as you go up, where the whoopty-woos are, before you climb onto the road... that's pretty narrow, difinitely not wide enough for widish rigs...
No one here can tell me they haven't seen/done this scenario...A largish group (say 10) hits an obstacle and the first go up/over it---pulls forward just far enough to get a few rigs thru, THEN PARKS and runs down to see the action!!! pretty soon someone yells to get the rigs moved forward, and they do....about 2 car lengths!!!:mad: Seen it Waaaaaayyyyy too many times on the Expressway rockface where a large group is piled up right at the top of the rockface obstacle on the trail, crammed in every nook and cranny, sometimes 3 wide...:rolleyes:
It's all common sense...pull far enough forward to get your group thru. Sometimes that means walking a hundred yards or so, oh well...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts