• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Walker Valley Jeep Cross excavation / reroute

japerry

Following in the footsteps of the Aug 14th party, we will use an excavator to carve a path in the trail. Hopefully with staging of large rock the week before, we can start placing these rocks, as well as barriers to define the trail.

We will also be installing two culverts, and might need to help with the upper section of Jeep cross to make sure its barricaded from travel.

Goals for success (in DNRs eyes)...
  1. Get culverts installed, hardened.
  2. Harden the swale crossing with large and small rock (no culvert will be installed here)
  3. Re grade the old BR-3401 trail to meet up with new grade, and barricade old road
  4. Finish trail definition, make large barriers to make the trail look obvious

Goals for success (the 4x4 users)...
  1. Finish at least one of the three obstacles on the trail
  2. Get additional large rock up on the trail
  3. Define the 'easy' and 'hard' routes on the trail

If we get the first list done, we can move onto the second list. Its important in DNRs eyes to get the first part done. I think we can get a lot of the second part done as well (especially if we have to excavators!) :awesomework:

Ok, as of right now this IS a go, however it will be used more as another prep day, as well as bringing ideas to the table for DNR to look at, with possibly some obstacle placing (depending on how much actually gets done from the weekend before and earlier this day...); there will be another work party coming in September for the actual dirt work...This is coming from DNR!!!; (it allows some time to secure the needed equipment for the job (volunteered)). So Rick, the buggy/trailer is still a valuable asset for this day in getting material up to the landing area, with possibly being able to start the placement process pending time left in the day...:awesomework:

I've got to work this day, but may haul azz down afterward...but Duck Dodgers should be there! As well as japerry, and at least a couple other RRR's...:cool:

I'll be there!

I've got to work this day, but may haul azz down afterward...but Duck Dodgers should be there! As well as japerry, and at least a couple other RRR's...:cool:

You may not be thrilled but I too shall be there, not so much as to watch what you are doing but I'll be there just the same.

Bump.....Now that phase one has been completed....the key here is getting the right equipment for the job on the reroute...with nowires' advice of a minimum size 8K, preferably a 10K or 12K hoe at both the trail, and the rock pit...we should make significant progress on the reroute this day...Jakob, where you at with obtaining said equipment???:stirpot::redneck:

She was at the main lot this morning when I showed up/bs'd for a few while folks showed up....is always good to see her.