• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Wanted, someone to test new axles.........

I'm running an ARB'd Rubicon 44 in my TJ. Rollin on 37's, 4:1 in the tcase, 4.88's in the punkins. It'll soon be sitting at 104" wheelbase.

PA120045.jpg

9-15-200811-19-52PM.jpg

Damn Bobby I need these for a Waggy 44:mad:

You going to make some down the road?? 19 spline outters??

I vote for JK kat---she's out EVERY WEEKEND!!! and isn't afraid to abuse her rig!:D (I know cuz I seen her do it!!)

Well I'll jump on the band wagon here too and ask that you PLEASE PLEASE make them for regular D44.

Funny that a few weeks ago when I posted about the new axles everyone talked sh*t about them!!
http://www.nw-wheelers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32353

Bobby I am running a Ford HP 44 front narrowed to Waggy width w/5.13 gear, ARB, Alloy USA inner and outer shafts & Bobby Long U-Joints after I took out a stock one this spring which distroyed both shafts!!
I am running 38" SX tires on Hummer rims.
IMGP2536.jpg

. It'll soon be sitting at 104" wheelbase.

Patrick, from Those Guys (pbmcauliffe) stretched my TJ to 101". Going any longer has multiple issues. Either you need to go full hydraulic steering to move the front further, or you need to move the fuel tank inside the tub and run the rear shocks to the cage to stretch the rear. Those Guys did a phenominal job on my TJ, with full custom long arms.

(my TJ already has a GenRight fuel tank which allowed several inches of stretch)

Last edited:
Well I'll jump on the band wagon here too and ask that you PLEASE PLEASE make them for regular D44.

In a prior thread, Bobby had stated that the ball wouldn't fit inside the smaller C of the older style D44s that many of us run.

You cold always cut off your C's and weld on new ones. Voila.

In a prior thread, Bobby had stated that the ball wouldn't fit inside the smaller C of the older style D44s that many of us run.

You cold always cut off your C's and weld on new ones. Voila.

Yep I could but I really don't want Uni-Bearings. It would be nice if there was a way for them to make them work on the non-uni-bearing D44's, just a wish! Like I wish I could win the Lotto. :redneck:

I'll test them. I wheel pretty hard at least 1 time a month I run a 03 Rubicon built pretty good on 36" Irok's Bias.
I won Team Trophy Challenge Ran Busy Wild last weekend, and will try to make it up to Reiter again in early Jan. Plus I got some snow runs coming up and its almost the fun time to go to Evans, and Im off to Rubicon in late July/early Aug.
Im also registered on Pirate.(And on Rubiconownersforum)

My Rig
evans15th2.jpg

Jon.jpg

Photo-0103.jpg

Elbe pics
http://rubicons4.jalbum.net/Elbe112908/

I vote for Mumblewood. I'd enter as a candidate but I'm running Warn hubs now. I'm very curious how these will compare to Superior or Alloy USA axles with CTM's.

Patrick, from Those Guys (pbmcauliffe) stretched my TJ to 101". Going any longer has multiple issues. Either you need to go full hydraulic steering to move the front further, or you need to move the fuel tank inside the tub and run the rear shocks to the cage to stretch the rear. Those Guys did a phenominal job on my TJ, with full custom long arms.

(my TJ already has a GenRight fuel tank which allowed several inches of stretch)

I'm using Gen-right's 9" tank and pushing the front out 1"ish. That should put me around 104". I guess we'll see when it's all done:D .

For some reason I thought he was looking for TJ Rubicons, not JK. They have different front axles.
oh..u got me there. i wouldnt know the difference if they were parked next to each other.....

i thought a rubicon, was a rubicon, was a rubicon....:booo:

Looking for someone local with a rubicon dana 44 uni-bearing front axle in their vehicle for testing our new CV style axles (same as our toyota style) they will have the same teflon waterproof boot just like the big brother dana 60's.
We would like your test rig to have 35" or larger tires and go wheeling quite often and somewhat abusive! In exchange for testing these axles and putting them through their paces these will be your axles to keep, we ask that you be able to post updates and pictures not only on this board but on pirate 4x4 also to help promote this new product.
Please post a picture of your rig these would be going in along with tire size, We are looking for a wheeler, not a I-5 wheeler.
Thanks, Bobby.

I guess these won't work on my Dakota, right?

I hate 4x4 bind!

If they work for Kats rig i would vote for sticking them in hers, they go out sometimes twice a week and shes planning on a bigger lift and tires so it would be a good test subject for abuse