• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Weapons of war

I€™m glad I opted for the much less talked about pa10... 223 is for pu$$ies

c96c90c286e6b2870ec63749ed2e8892.jpg

TacomaJD said:
Yep, the kids on CNN are really hitting nerves. It feels like more of a possibility now than it has before to me, even with Trump in office.

As for carrying teachers, that's cool until a feeble teacher decides to start carrying and some of these inner city punks jump him/her and take the teacher's gun. Initially, I was for armed teachers, but after much thought, it brings a bit of a risk inside the school. Also when swat is sweeping the school when one of these **** shows pops off, the less people inside with a gun that's not law enforcement, the better.

They need borderline airport security and controlled access at every single school period. How many shootings happen at airports? This would also stop a lot of drugs and such from making it inside schools as well, if all the kids **** was checked prior to entering.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
I disagree a bit about being against carrying teachers.

I think that some really great training can be had for teachers who want to carry. I would even stress that it be a requirement. In my opinion a well armed, in terms of a fire arm that fits and is practiced with, teacher is a great weapon against deterring an attack in a school. Especially if you have multiple members who carry in different areas of the school.

Going back to the training aspect, some good friends and I have trained hard with an Israeli combat instructor. We worked on dealing with start to finish the threats of an active shooter. Multiple scenarios. Whether it be at Disney Land, Starbucks, the mall, a school. Just to name a few.

It was one of the most eye opening training sessions I have ever experienced. Walked away feeling that every single American should experience it. The threat is real today. It can come from any direction, zero warning.

So basically I'm saying that even a moderately trained but passionate teacher who has minimum active shooter training can be MUCH more effective across the board to cope with an attack from deterring it all the way to stopping it.

The second that we say "Please gov we need a group of trained law enforcement surrounding us and searching us" is the second we give up more of our rights and responsibilities to protect ourselves and others.

It would blow your mind how effective active shooter training is for the average American. It can truly weed out the guy or gal who wants to carry an LCP in his skinny jeans and never fire it then finely hone the guy or gal that carries a CZ subcompact and practices weekly.

Point being this movement is about disarming the public, creating more reliance of government to take care of us. To shape and mold a new generation of people who are worthless. It sucks and I will never advocate for Americans not to carry versus a squad of heavily armed government employees.

Our best weapon is education on how to deal with an attack, step two is whether you are willing to and can stop it.

Re:

My point is simple, banks, companies, govt buildings all have security measures....schools have little to none. Make sense? No.

We also have to remember these teachers do not get paid to strap up and hope to be Billy Badass in the event of an active shooter situation. I'm not really against teachers carrying, I just don't think it's the answer to the problem at hand. Personally, I think it would be crazy not to try to prevent the bad guy from entering the school in the first place with whatever means possible, rather than just prepare to defend once they just walk in the front door and open fire.

clutchee said:
Guys I heard this all day traveling.....

First off, the kid killing other kids- terrible!
Now regardless of AR, pistol, or knife he was hell bent on hurting people.

I look at this and wonder, I go in auto plants everyday. I can't even get in until goto a central location and get badged in or someone opens the gate and I walk in.
When are people going to apply same logic to schools? Between badge readers, different fences, or whatever method this will help. I know making schools add this will freak people out and cause budget to rise but pretty sure I'd pay to protect kids vs raise taxes for some bs reason lawmakers make up.

Being in Texas, some schools have teachers/ faculty that are armed. What great idea- have someone who can re-act to elimate the threat.

I hate hearing this it's the guns, well then sugar should be outlawed, beer/alcohol should be outlawed....

Sorry guys but I'm so over this, media crap.....

I work in a lot of schools, I do fire alarm, intercom, access control and so forth, and in Tennessee several years ago they made it where you have one entrance and most you have to be buzzed in. Once in you have to sign in and get a badge of some sort. Several require you to show ID and they make a copy of it. All side doors are locked so you come in through the office. One county even went so far as to put up fences and electric gates on most of their schools. It saddens me that we've come to this but I see the need when things like this happen. When the government started punishing parents for punishing their kids we should have known nothing good would come of it. That's my 2 cents anyway.

Re:

TacomaJD said:
My point is simple, banks, companies, govt buildings all have security measures....schools have little to none. Make sense? No.

We also have to remember these teachers do not get paid to strap up and hope to be Billy Badass in the event of an active shooter situation. I'm not really against teachers carrying, I just don't think it's the answer to the problem at hand. Personally, I think it would be crazy not to try to prevent the bad guy from entering the school in the first place with whatever means possible, rather than just prepare to defend once they just walk in the front door and open fire.

My wife is a 1st grade teacher, and I agree with the "hope to be Billy Badass" part, but she should be able to defend herself if the situation were to make it to her classroom. I wouldn't expect the teacher/faculty to seek out the threat.

Now if an armed teacher/faculty were confident enough in their ability and had the courage to go after a threat, more power to them.

I'll say this, I carry every day- every where (concealed), If I'm in a public space/building and I hear shots, my ass is running for cover/escape. Until the threat is presented to ME, I'm not gonna go looking to get shot. And I'm definitely not going to take 7+6 rounds of 380 ACP up against a psycho with a rifle/shotgun.

I heard a female teacher, that teaches high school. She said she would not mind carrying, to protect herself and her classroom from an intruder, but, she said she was worried, an 18-19 year old student snaps, they could easily over power her and take her weapon from her, and become an active shooter. Interesting scenario I had not thought of.

I feel that teachers who are properly trained and confident with firearms should be able to conceal carry for self defense. If u "conceal " carry and not brag about it the students wouldn't know if the teachers had firearms on there person or not until the threat presented itself. It would be no reason for a student to attack a teacher and try to steal a gun from them if the student doesn't know if a teacher has a gun or not. This all can be dicected 500 different ways but the end result is people are crazy and unpredictable and they inflict harm not the gun. So to take the guns from sane people is just crazy because the criminals will still find a way to get there hands on guns. I carry everyday and hope I never have to use it but would in a second to defend me and my family.

My argument is more for advocating mindset training.

People don't act the same when presented with a threat as they do when they put ear protection on, draw nice and slow, squeeze off a couple good shots etc.

The game changes when you are put in training scenarios where you gotta make a decision, then, now, here or you die or you watch others die.

So on the tail end of that training you learn first what huge damage a firearm can do. It's scary and it should be.

Then you have learned like many of us, you don't walk around like billy bad ass. You don't talk about your weapon with people.

You train regularly and keep your mind sharp. Then these threats decrease because threats don't like resistance.

This procedure happens with church security. None of those guys get paid. They train and learn because they want to.

Same idea for teachers who want to carry. You aren't the same human being anymore once you have trained. You are changed for life.

Anyway, many people in our country choose to ignore the problem that we have created. It's us creating broken families and refusing to parent. Along with allowing threats to arise in our communities then run to the gov to fix it.

Lol what a soap box ehh. I think we all agree on a lot. Facts are facts though. We have let the snow flakes call the shots. I bet we get disarmed at some point. We'll see

I was also gonna add that if you look at who we fight overseas these are guys that live in shacks with dirt floors in their pajamas with no government security teams backing them.

Then look at how effective they are at killing members of the strongest military in the world. Look at the training our military goes through.

Yet it's people who live in the Stone Age who are committed to stopping what they feel as a threat any way they can.

They are incredibly successful. We should be as well here in our own country

Re: Re: Weapons of war

LightBnDr said:
My argument is more for advocating mindset training.

People don't act the same when presented with a threat as they do when they put ear protection on, draw nice and slow, squeeze off a couple good shots etc.

The game changes when you are put in training scenarios where you gotta make a decision, then, now, here or you die or you watch others die.

So on the tail end of that training you learn first what huge damage a firearm can do. It's scary and it should be.

Then you have learned like many of us, you don't walk around like billy bad ass. You don't talk about your weapon with people.

You train regularly and keep your mind sharp. Then these threats decrease because threats don't like resistance.

This procedure happens with church security. None of those guys get paid. They train and learn because they want to.

Same idea for teachers who want to carry. You aren't the same human being anymore once you have trained. You are changed for life.

Anyway, many people in our country choose to ignore the problem that we have created. It's us creating broken families and refusing to parent. Along with allowing threats to arise in our communities then run to the gov to fix it.

Lol what a soap box ehh. I think we all agree on a lot. Facts are facts though. We have let the snow flakes call the shots. I bet we get disarmed at some point. We'll see

I was also gonna add that if you look at who we fight overseas these are guys that live in shacks with dirt floors in their pajamas with no government security teams backing them.

Then look at how effective they are at killing members of the strongest military in the world. Look at the training our military goes through.

Yet it's people who live in the Stone Age who are committed to stopping what they feel as a threat any way they can.

They are incredibly successful. We should be as well here in our own country
Based on your past couple of posts I suggest you listen to Tim Kennedy's Sheepdog Podcasts. I bet it's up your alley, that dude is a bad motherfucker and I sure am glad he's on my side.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

dwa2469 said:
I heard a female teacher, that teaches high school. She said she would not mind carrying, to protect herself and her classroom from an intruder, but, she said she was worried, an 18-19 year old student snaps, they could easily over power her and take her weapon from her, and become an active shooter. Interesting scenario I had not thought of.
Yup, just get on Youtube and search student vs teacher. It's sickening.

To me, if a teacher wanted to carry and had a permit, I don't really see anything wrong with it. If you can carry into walmart or amywhere else, you can carry in the classroom. But, as I mentioned, there can be other unforseen things that come along with it.

TacomaJD said:
Yup, just get on Youtube and search student vs teacher. It's sickening.

To me, if a teacher wanted to carry and had a permit, I don't really see anything wrong with it. If you can carry into walmart or amywhere else, you can carry in the classroom. But, as I mentioned, there can be other unforseen things that come along with it.

I agree, I carry everyday, even at work, It is just something to consider. The teacher does not have to be "bragging" about carrying a gun, If attacked it could get discovered during the scuffle.

dwa2469 said:
I agree, I carry everyday, even at work, It is just something to consider. The teacher does not have to be "bragging" about carrying a gun, If attacked it could get discovered during the scuffle.

Or if it was me and a bunch of them little :JRich: jumped me, it'd be hard for me not shoot every one of the mouth breathers in the face. Lol

You let one student try to over power a teacher and get his ass popped, that will probably keep it from happening again.

I learned my lesson about a month ago about a woman capability of firing her weapon. I took my wife to the range with her 380 ruger lcp. firing from 7 yards(21 ft) she never hit the paper with six shots. And that was at a range, not in a dark alley or at a gas station parking lot with someone trying to overtake her. My accuracy was fine but I had to take aim. I think if you tend to protect your self....you need to fire fifty rounds at least once a month or just shoot yourself in the head.

halcat said:
I learned my lesson about a month ago about a woman capability of firing her weapon. I took my wife to the range with her 380 ruger lcp. firing from 7 yards(21 ft) she never hit the paper with six shots. And that was at a range, not in a dark alley or at a gas station parking lot with someone trying to overtake her. My accuracy was fine but I had to take aim. I think if you tend to protect your self....you need to fire fifty rounds at least once a month or just shoot yourself in the head.

LOL we went to the range a couple weekends ago, same thing. Wife landed one bullet on lower left corner of paper target at about the same distance, 20-25'. I landed all mine on the target in a cluster of 4-5" spread, which isn't markmanship quality badass gun slinging, but I would have killed the **** out of whatever I was shooting at. :****:

I practice drawing from my iwb holster ( I actuality just put it between my belt and pants). Laying on the ground, and sitting in the truck. Makes you learn trigger discipline. I practice without one in the pipe most of the time. I'd feel dumb shooting myself in the leg/foot/windshield in my backyard haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PS......on a second note....I just saw on the news that the goberment wants to raise the minimum age from 18 to 21 in order to purchase a gun. I dont know about you guys.......but I was a lot better shot at 21 than I was at 18.....go figure.