• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Weelin today

cisco said:
Here is something to consider. I’ve seen what happens with rigs like yours. Someone gets a new 4x4 and heads out to the trails. First time out they drive around on the fire roads hitting the puddles and go home dirty just like the commercials. Eventually they realize that there are trails to be had. Oooh good fun. They get out on a trail and get some brush scratches. No big deal, most of them will buff out and the rig will look good as new. Then temptation sets in. All the previous trails start to seem boring, time to try something harder. Do da do da do I made it down that trail no problem what’s this guy talking about, must be smoking something. (And yes he was indeed, one too many exposures to petro chemicals) So anyway back to scenario with new rig owner, fast forward to meets wheelin buddies and starts playing trail games. Here’s where the fun really begins and body damage sets in something fierce. New rig owner is caught up in the frenzy and thinks I can make that line just like everyone else. Yep I made that and no damage, Ya know I really think the guy writing this has burned out on petro chem, and seriously moved on to pole, I’m going to go for this next line. Crack scrape! I didn’t need that mirror anyway and **** it’s just a couple doors no big deal. You see where I’m going with this. Heres where the real problem sets in. Newly dented expensive rig guy starts thinking, I need lockers, lift and bigger tires so I can really charge over stuff; because it’s just too damn embarrassing to have to take all the go arounds. So now new rig owner has an expensive truck full of dents and 3-4k in credit card debt but earns some badges and is starting to become seasoned. What’s next you may ask? The realization that the platform of an expensive rig will never get you to the level having a fully built kick as wheeler. So at this point what can you do? Sell the thing for a few beans, keep wheelin on the bunny slopes and make the payments for the next 10 years, or break down and cry oh the humanity good lord what have I done, if only I had sold the thing when I had the chance and just rolled in the seemingly crappy thing from the 70’s or eighties. Pass the 90 weight I need another hit.
:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: OMG I haven't laughed this hard in ages :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :clappy: :clappy: :corn:

freedom5 said:
Sorry. Reiter trails:rb: You know what I ment. I have never heard anyone call it reiter trails until here, and for all the XO bashing it did save
some body damage, or do you have to have body damage to fit in.

you at least need some approach angle :flipoff:

who knew that one Rough attempt at an Exo would spark such a debate?:corn:

Cisco, while I do see alot of the points you and some of the other have made, let me ask this..

is it such a bad thing for me to want to protect my rig/body while learning/ deciding if this is something Id like to delve into further? Remember, im still very new to this, and am just testing the waters to see if this is something Id like to devote A LOT of money, time, and sometimes headaches into...or, since my vehicle/cage isnt the norm, or expected, that I should beat the living crap out of it only to see that " ya know, this isnt something id like to pursue" only to have a vehicle that is now worth the same amount as a set of bald tires...

Have I dumped large amounts into my vehicle to make it the most badass truck out there? No, im into it about 500, including the tube, tires and body lift. am I enjoying what Ive been able to tackle out on the trails? Yes. am I starting to learn that I want to start looking for a rig that I can justify destroying in the process of improving my abilities? yes. Have I destroyed my rig, dented body panels or broken glass that I now need to repair to keep any value in my truck? NO.

So, even though it may be goofy looking, not survive a rollover crash, or otherwise not be what anyone else has put on their rig, it has done its job..wonderfully. If it hadnt been for that goofy looking cage or slider, then my truck surely would have rolled over, and Id been in a world of hurt. If nothing else, that 100 bucks worth of steel saved the truck from being totalled by standards, and my poss injury.

I guess what Im saying is I just dont understand why so much bashing of a goofy looking cage that has done its job, and allowed me to go out and keep myself happy on the weekend, and showed me a new world of fun is needed:corn:

please tell me it's sched 40 so we can draw this chapter to a close :clappy:

Mista_Shrpnl said:
who knew that one Rough attempt at an Exo would spark such a debate?:corn:

Cisco, while I do see alot of the points you and some of the other have made, let me ask this..

is it such a bad thing for me to want to protect my rig/body while learning/ deciding if this is something Id like to delve into further? Remember, im still very new to this, and am just testing the waters to see if this is something Id like to devote A LOT of money, time, and sometimes headaches into...or, since my vehicle/cage isnt the norm, or expected, that I should beat the living crap out of it only to see that " ya know, this isnt something id like to pursue" only to have a vehicle that is now worth the same amount as a set of bald tires...

Have I dumped large amounts into my vehicle to make it the most badass truck out there? No, im into it about 500, including the tube, tires and body lift. am I enjoying what Ive been able to tackle out on the trails? Yes. am I starting to learn that I want to start looking for a rig that I can justify destroying in the process of improving my abilities? yes. Have I destroyed my rig, dented body panels or broken glass that I now need to repair to keep any value in my truck? NO.

So, even though it may be goofy looking, not survive a rollover crash, or otherwise not be what anyone else has put on their rig, it has done its job..wonderfully. If it hadnt been for that goofy looking cage or slider, then my truck surely would have rolled over, and Id been in a world of hurt. If nothing else, that 100 bucks worth of steel saved the truck from being totalled by standards, and my poss injury.

I guess what Im saying is I just dont understand why so much bashing of a goofy looking cage that has done its job, and allowed me to go out and keep myself happy on the weekend, and showed me a new world of fun is needed:corn:

Mista, its your truck, you make the payments on it, you drive it....
Dont let peaple tell you what is ok for you, do as you want to,
you do have the right to.

You could've put the amount you spent on tube and the amount you spent on the body lift and tires and such into a beater toyota truck and gone out and done the same thing... without fear of damaging or denting your nice rig. That's all I'm sayin'... not trying to be judgemental or a prick or anything, that's just the way I look at it.

I've had nice rigs and I've had beat up POS rigs... I always have more fun with the beatup POS rigs. :D

Originally Posted by freedom5
Reiter pit. I was just being laaazy

If you been going to reiter as long as I have {1970} its still reiter pit.

Shrpnl
There is nothing wrong with what you are doing. My interest in your case is merely out of concern for you well being. My portrayal of new rigs turning into wheelers is merely to point the slippery slope that you are on. It shows the thought progression and self justification of destroying a really nice SUV. Don’t kid your self, wheeling is a healthy addiction if managed properly. Your willingness to wrap your rig in tube is above and beyond what most people do in their experimentation stage. You are already showing signs of someone that will get fully into wheelin lock stock and barrel. Obviously do what you want to. My neighbor is in the boat I previously described. He took a really nice grand Cherokee and dumped 5 or 6 grand into it, took it out wheelin a few times, but cant get it like he wants too. Now its got scratches and body damage and he just drives it around on the street.

crash said:
I will but purposely denting a rig is dumb IMO--I hate getting dents but its the name of the game---it does and will happen ...
Dents are like scars and usually have some good stories behind them. :D

skrause said:
Exos are for people who can't drive and have to pinball off all the trees. :looser: Props for taking a new shiny rig on the trail, but that cage is just....... wow... :rb:
Looks like you cant drive because your rig is beat from pinball:flipoff:

freedom5 said:
Looks like you cant drive because your rig is beat from pinball:flipoff:
I dare you to follow me. :flipoff: If you're referring to my avatar those are shadows, I believe that's the only straight section of panel I have left. :haha:

normal_IMG_0578.JPG

I don't know about those other guys, but Freedom is hard core. He dang near tore his snorkle clean off last week! The only EXO he needs is a RAIDER NATION sticker...which not only adds 50+ horsepower, but parts the trees as he drives thru...

Some people wear Superman underwear...Superman wears FREEDOM underwear!:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

ALL you girls need something better to do.:flipoff:

Latest posts