• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

welder?

barnes09

Looking to buy a welder to be able to go out and do some small side jobs such as for farmers or whoever but stay pretty local as i have a full time job also. Looking for opinions on a brand or size such as lincoln or miller. I have used several different shop welders but haven't had much expirence with portable welders. Also wanting to run a suitcase mig and tig off of it. Probably won't go with new as I'm not sure how much work I will receive.

Miller Bobcat. Have one here at work and I'll drag it around the plant just to run a 180 amp miller mig off of. Ours is a 250 and runs off of propane.

I have a bobcat 250 and a couple miller 400 amp machines and unless your just doing small stuff and never plan on getting involved in big projects get the bobcat.

Can't beat a ranger or bobcat for what you are describing. Pipeline welder by trade so I run a little bigger machines and prefer Lincoln for engine driven and miller for shop machines.

I've had a great experience with my Miller Bobcat 225 NT that I take on all my wheeling trips. I also run a Lincoln LN-25 portable MIG welder off of it in my shop. I wish it was a diesel but the Kohler runs great. Another bonus is I wired in a 50 amp plug into the breaker box on my house and made a 50 amp extension cord so I can run everything that is 120 volt when the power is out.

blacksheep10 said:
Are all of the bobcats cc/cv? He was mentioning a suitcase off of it.

All I have seen are and for sure the new models that I have used.
They have a knob on the front to switch to the process you are using. All the new welders are getting idiot proof in my book.

I've got a Comparc Bronco 251 GBS CC/CV - AC/DC arc welding generator. I'd let go pretty reasonably. It doubles as a 9000k watt generator has 800 hours and runs great(gas). I'd take $1200.00 for it. no leads. I could text or email you some pics. the welder is located in Dallas, GA.

I'm in central ky craig so your a little ways from me. Wonder what a 250 lincoln with an 8000w generator would be worth. It's an older machine as it doesn't have the cover made over the motor and it has around 650 hrs on it. I have found a few 225 bobcats but I don't know if I need to just go ahead and go with a 250 amp machine

Latest posts