• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Went out to Reiter today.......

Binder

to help flag some trails because unfortunately I can't be at the work party tomorrow. There's been lots of discussion of what's going on, what's not going on, what would or could be.........passes:rolleyes:........I want to give my .02c here.
First off I'll call it like it is and say there's a HUGE uphill battle ahead for several reasons. Between politics, money, permits and just having government agencies involved there's lots of places things could just go sideways and never get back on track, I'll just leave it at that. Once you look past the politics and money issues we have a small peice of dirt waiting to have trails built on it......What I saw today on the ground......Mother nature didn't do us any favors with this particular peice of dirt. Natural obstacles, slope and challenging terrain are far and few in between. Now given this what's left is an area where we have been asked for our input and help to shape what's there into something we would want. The challenge will have to be man made which I know for a fact we are capable of doing. It will be lots of time and effort to get there but if we play our cards right it will be worth while.........The alternative.......I for one will wheel no matter which way things go. I've said this before and I know that there are others who feel the same way. Where will we wheel? Well that's the million dollar question. If the Reiter project were to pull the plug today we would be left (local to north end) with Walker valley, drive a ways to Elbe, Evans or further to Naches, etc but very little local....rogue trails....We've all been to those places and we all know how limited they are. Rogue trails never amount to much because of the limited resources anyone has to build them.
Back to Reiter. I see this as a freebie as it's in addition to the places listed. Yeah it could end up being nothing but if we don't get involved and help guide the DNR it will for sure turn out to be a joke. Why not be there when the DNR needs input? They don't know WTF they're doing. It's going to be up to us to try and make Reiter into something we would want to go wheel on a Saturday. We have an offer to shape the trails via a large budget and cheap to us heavy equipment/ operators. Would you rather spend your time making lame ass rogue trails and risk getting busted to make them?
<pause, refill time>:alcoholic:
So, why not? I'm not saying spend your whole summer working out there but why not spend a day here and there? Why not make sure they know what it is you want to have for trails when it's all done?
There's very little for sure here but what is for sure is if we don't get involved on some level there will never be anything at Reiter worth wheeling.
.02c
There's a work party tomorrow where I know they could use some help and the weather is supposed to be nice. What are you doing tomorrow?:cheer:

Well written, even if it's after 7!!!:redneck:
Just got home from work myself, and have to go in early tomorrow, not to mention a few obligations in the am....but I DO plan on headin' down if/when a wp happens on a Friday, or Saturday...:awesomework:

I wish we could get back on the by monthly work party schedule, that way Id have a better chance of getting a date that wasnt restricted due to work, and I could organize a half dozen people to came as well.

I wish we could get back on the by monthly work party schedule, that way Id have a better chance of getting a date that wasnt restricted due to work, and I could organize a half dozen people to came as well.

We are in a little bit of a rush to get the trail center line marked so we are throwing a lot of trail time at the process as we are able...

We are in a little bit of a rush to get the trail center line marked so we are throwing a lot of trail time at the process as we are able...

Gotta take it where you can get it! Keep us posted as you know! :awesomework:

I added some more work parties for 7/16, 7/23, & 7/24. I will also be out this weekend one day doing what ever is needed.

Yes these dates 7/16, 7/23, & 7/24 are for sure. I will not be at the 7/16 date but I will be at the 7/23 and 7/24.

Yes these dates 7/16, 7/23, & 7/24 are for sure. I will not be at the 7/16 date but I will be at the 7/23 and 7/24.

Sounds good, I found the "work party" threads.. .Ill reply to the one I can make when I know. Im rounding up some buddies too.

For those who are on the fence about the project--I ask you please to go up and see for yourself. After seeing the trails now marked on the ground and walking a bunch I am getting really excited for forward progress...

Me too.. I feel guilty for not making it out there too many times to help. I know for a fact I will use the new Reiter like crazy when it gets finished.

Its not too late--we still need allot of help to get the task at hand done....

Its not too late--we still need allot of help to get the task at hand done....

I thought I would have finished the garage by now. I should have a life outside of work, and working on stuff around here by Sept. I hope.

Also I welcome anybody who wants to come and and walk the trails because a map with lines truely doesn't do it justice..

Latest posts