• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Were is my Fuel Filter

MarcW

:haha: :haha: I cannot find the damn Thing :haha: parts store sold me one so i know what im looking for, just cant find it.

1983 toyota 2wd. Someone told me just infront of the rear passenger wheel, but i dont see one at all. traced the fuel lines all over. The only place i cannot see is above the tank/under the bed. Am i missing it somewere? :redneck::redneck::redneck:

If it matters its a shortbox Sr5 2 wheel drive. and its a 1983 just to remind you :fawkdancesmiley:

the 4wd is under the passenger seat inside the frame rail above the torsion bar not sure on the 2wd.

Last edited:
1st gen 4x4's do not have torsion bars

my 1st gen 2wd does. :;

I traced the lines with my hands, but could not reach past the mid bed crossmember.

Do i have to pull the fawkin bed off the thing to change the filter? :eeek:

my 1st gen 2wd does. :;

I traced the lines with my hands, but could not reach past the mid bed crossmember.

Do i have to pull the fawkin bed off the thing to change the filter? :eeek:

Well duh on the 2wd.

I have never seen anything like that marc. Either its very covered in dirt, repositioned or just eliminated.

Sounds like you've got yourself quite the peach there Marc!!!:haha: Did you find the filter yet? There should be some sort of clamp thing the filter is held by...either it's under the hood on passenger fender, or under the bed just in front of the wheelwell-you have to go between the frame and bed to get to it if it's there...me? I'd relocate it to the engine compartment!:awesomework:

Well, I had no idea what that clamp was for, since it wasnt attached to anything :haha: :haha:

My buddy that knows toyota's came out and was looking around it for a little while, then found the culprit. A Bypassed fuel filter in the engine bay, with a Bic Pen in its place :haha:

Now on to more pressing issues, Like the wated i found in the fuel after i got the new filter in :booo:

Well, I had no idea what that clamp was for, since it wasnt attached to anything :haha: :haha:

My buddy that knows toyota's came out and was looking around it for a little while, then found the culprit. A Bypassed fuel filter in the engine bay, with a Bic Pen in its place :haha:

Now on to more pressing issues, Like the wated i found in the fuel after i got the new filter in :booo:

That's why tanks have drain plugs...