• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

What did you break today?!?!!

Had to replace the outter spindle... It was easier at the time than extracting the broken bolts... So... I'm back to 4WD again... Just gotta try and find some time before Saturday to bleed the brakes... But if not... I'll wheel again like I have been.... I'm ready for walker this Saturday! ;-)

Well... Just one I guess... I'm not setup with drills and easy outs to remove broken bolts on the trails... So I'll just three wheel it to the trailer like last time...

And it's only happened once in 4 months of wheelin... So it's not a high probability it'll break any time soon...

So... Whilst attempting the log climb at rons run... I broke the left rear leaf pack bolt... Thus allowing the axle to twist laterally until it dug into the exo cage and wheel well... Went looking for spare bolts, and I didn't have any that were long enough in the right size... Looked all over the rig to find one I could cannibalize.. Ended up pulling a bolt out of the rear driveline because I run two inch spacers there and it gave me the right length...

What a PITA it was to disassemble/reasseme those rusty/dirty U-bolts!! This one bolt replacement turned into my longest trail repair to date... But... She's all back together and wheeled the rest of the day without incident!

94D035FC-9A4B-4258-9193-B5630D332CAE-1705-00000189A28C0AD3.jpg

AD6A9DBC-DDEC-4ABA-8626-AA2769E10991-1705-00000189A7EF923D.jpg

986D6DA3-5883-4879-BC9A-902C2CADCF1A-1705-00000189ABB3E350.jpg

Oh, btw... The stump claimed another victim! Oneshot went for it... But didn't gas it over the top and diff'd out on the stump on the other side... Had to winch himself over it as well...

Almost all the snow was gone this time, and we went all over the hillside! Found some cool hill climbs in the upper pit, that oneshot was able to muscle up and over... The sammi is just a bit too gutless to attempt it in anything but 2nd gear pinned and 4 low... I just can't build up enough momentum to tackle the large hillclimbs... But it was fun to try none the less!! It definitely helped having brakes this time... My problem was a rear shoe slipped off the piston and then it popped out if the cylinder spewing fluid out.... Was glad to have that fixed again!

There's a few new developments out there... The one spot that I took vid of me laying on my side climbing up around the one corner has been rutted out an extra 3-4 feet, and someone threw large logs into it... Beware... It might be darn near impassable going up now.... Reminds me of elbe! Going down it was do-able... But it was iffy...

That was a good break. Which way did you guys end up pulling it out?
would have stuck around but the wife who doesnt go wheelin much was getting impatient.

We ended up dragging it back down the hill, decided that was probably the easiest.

Not me!!! I went and volunteered at the Elbe clean up. Walker is cursed. Anytime I got up there someone breaks something. Last time I was up there, I blew a u-joint really early in the day. Then ran into Nick (Maverick) and he tore a tire off the bead on his buggy. So we helped him get a spare from his trailer, in the dark with no headlights and only 3 wheel drive.