• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

what do you guys think?

Why is it so long? Looks about the same length as my buddies, but all he hauls is quads. He once towed a friends busted 1500 series pickup and the trailer almost broke in too. (The stock axles held the weight, the rest almost didn't)

Id add alot more steel to that thing Jordan. My trailer has that size c-channel doubled stacked in front and goes to a single after the rear axle. Also, like Tree Climber said, those c-channels laid flat are much much weaker than when laid on edge. Just take a look at some other trailers, they will all be built on edge. If you had square tube then that would be a different story.

Dont skip on the axles either. My trailer has 3500lb axles and I wish it had larger wheels and tires as I have had many blow outs and have had the brakes smoking when I had my old F150.

I saw two brand new trailer axles strapped to a pallet at the steel scrap yard near the dump, I believe they were 8-lug. Could be a good score.

thanks for the heads up josh, ill be headin there first thing in the am! :cheer: