• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

What is good leaf sprung flex>?

Cop Candy

I was just wanting to know what is acceptable for leaf sprung trucks. I played with the forklift yesterday and got 38 inches in the back and 32 up front.
I found some stuff I need to adjust. While stuffing the left front I was hitting my pitman arm as well as the shock being bottomed out.

opinions please.

l_311877e78bae46eb9ae32f00c930a77f.jpg

l_19c86f554ff84ea18d4f422cb9343483.jpg

Last edited:
I wouldnt be worried so much about flex, as how good it does. Does it axle wrap bad? Do the tires rub the springs? Do your tie rod and drag link hit? Is your driveline gonna pull apart? Does it have good approach & departcher angle? Flex is good for pitchers:redneck:

I wouldnt be worried so much about flex, as how good it does. Does it axle wrap bad? Do the tires rub the springs? Do your tie rod and drag link hit? Is your driveline gonna pull apart? Does it have good approach & departcher angle? Flex is good for pitchers:redneck:

The truck is pretty amazing off road. I just added longfields welded front axle and hydro assist to the front, So it should do even better. There is min. axle wrap. The pitman arm hits the spring and the driveline is long enough.

The truck is pretty amazing off road. I just added longfields welded front axle and hydro assist to the front, So it should do even better. There is min. axle wrap. The pitman arm hits the spring and the driveline is long enough.

Welded fromt.:booo:

it flexes plenty at each corner, you just need bumpstops, i have broken an axle when my pitman arm got hung up on the spring and i couldnt turn, fix that and make sure there is no binding in other areas and go beat it

Welded fromt.:booo:

That is coming out. It came with the axle I got that was allready a package. But I have herd stories of the longfields being to strong and destroying 3 detroits?

I like being open in the front anyways the pros are better then the cons for me.

it flexes plenty at each corner, you just need bumpstops, i have broken an axle when my pitman arm got hung up on the spring and i couldnt turn, fix that and make sure there is no binding in other areas and go beat it

Hopefully I can get some type of bumpstop in there. Do people just re-work the stock front ones?

i home brewed mine, just took the stock rubbers and welded them to some 2" square tube and welded the tube under the frame, or you could get the bumpstop kit from TG, Marlin, All-pro, they are like $35-$50

That is coming out. It came with the axle I got that was allready a package. But I have herd stories of the longfields being to strong and destroying 3 detroits?

I like being open in the front anyways the pros are better then the cons for me.

:eeek: really and why is that? loose your welded carrier:redneck: and get a detroit, you will be steering in no time

:eeek: really and why is that? loose your welded carrier:redneck: and get a detroit, you will be steering in no time

I have allways done pretty well open. Im looking for some type of locker. Ill wait till next check and buy maybe some allready set up with something better the 4.10s. I dont like 4.10 and 39.5 on the road very much.

i home brewed mine, just took the stock rubbers and welded them to some 2" square tube and welded the tube under the frame, or you could get the bumpstop kit from TG, Marlin, All-pro, they are like $35-$50
I think Ill stop by the metal place and get some square. make them adjustable. think 1 1/2 and what ever fits inside that will be enought? Ill just put it on a pin and a couple diffrent holes then the stock bumpstop.