• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

what is the best stage center force clutch for crawling??

truckbroke

Hey y'all what is the best center force clutch for crawling??? I've ran dual friction clutches in cars an pull trucks which was perfect but in my crawler there's Noway. You get no slippage with them. I currently run an Autozone clutch an have for years but I'm noticing the quality getting worse. I'm just about due for another one an thought about just going CF. Do any of you run one? Stage 1,2,3. Gotta still have some slippage for tight spots.

Look up south bend clutch, you may know of them if you've been into pulling, should be same money as a C F, and they could probably recommend something when you tell them what your wanting to do with it.
I was impressed with there customer service and product.

You know, back in a previous life when I did a build with a V8 and a 4 speed Novak Adapt talked me out of a Centerforce because they felt like none of them had enough slippage for a wheeler. They recommended a McLeod which I ended up getting and I abused the piss out of that thing for years and never had to replace it. It was perfect for trail riding.

http://www.mcleodracing.com/

That's what I've heard. None of them like slipping. These auto zones are just getting weak to fast. Really since I went to 43s.

Man John at south bend was very informative and we got a plan together. Rebuilding my pressure plate and making it stronger and Buy a new disk from them. Guy at Mcleod acted like I was wasting his time. When I finally got a price out of him I realized we were both wasting our time. lol.

I run a cf stage 2 pressure plate with a mcleod disc, you can slip it at low rpm but anything above 2k with the centrifigal weighted pressure plate its locked up.

truckbroke said:
Man John at south bend was very informative and we got a plan together. Rebuilding my pressure plate and making it stronger and Buy a new disk from them. Guy at Mcleod acted like I was wasting his time. When I finally got a price out of him I realized we were both wasting our time. lol.

Look forward to your full review on it.