• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

what is the PERFECT rim width?????

angelfly

Yeah I was just thinking about this today and was wondering what everyone else thought about it???

What is the perfect rim width???? not size but the width of the rim itself????

I have like 12inchers now and they are fawking GAY!!! But I always had good luck with my Iroks on 10inchers. . . .

So what is it???? anybody????

15x8"s is all I'm running, Never blew a bead with my Irok's but poped 1 bead with 35" BFG's.

Yeah I was just thinking about this today and was wondering what everyone else thought about it???

What is the perfect rim width???? not size but the width of the rim itself????

I have like 12inchers now and they are fawking GAY!!! But I always had good luck with my Iroks on 10inchers. . . .

So what is it???? anybody????

8" with a weld on bead lock so 9" is the answer.I have some 10s for sale...40 bucks.:redneck:

I've got 8 inch wide rims with 13.50 tires and never had a problem, but I usually keep the psi around 8-10. Never unseated one but I'm always digging sticks and crap out from the beads. I also plan to DIY beadlock, the width will be better and protect from crap getting jammed in the rim.:awesomework:

i'd say for most of us.. 9" is perfect.. I ran 10's they were OK, ran 8's.. Hated them, as tehy didn't allow my swampers to flex properly. Now i'm running 8's with DIY beadlocks, and they work pretty good.

OK one more Question??? Thanx for all the replies!!!!!

How common are 16x8 toyota lug rims????? I need a set Do you think I would have good luck finding a set at the swap meet??????

Thanx again!!!

I've got 7 inch wide rims for my 33x10.5s going to put DIY beadlocks on them making them 8 inches when I buy my new tires.

damn, that beats what I had, when first started building the zuk, I had 12.50 mounted on a 4" rim (stock lj rims) :redneck:

Clearly you didnt catch my humor. A rim width is directly proportional to the aspect ratio of the tire. I got 10 inch rims with diy locks and hey work good on my 18.5 tires..even at 1 pound of pressure(or less:mad: )

Yeah, I caught it, I got the 12.50s for a case of beer for mock up, and had fun wrestling them on the 4" rims, never wheeled it like that. I'd gladly give a case of beer to see someone try and get a 18.50 on a 7 inch rim.