• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

What is wrong with my Tow rig

Sandtrap1986

So my 97 F-350 walks all over when I turn and sometimes I have to hold the steering wheel one direction after making a corner like the power steering is giving me feedback ....anybody had this issue/ know what I'm talking about. It has the d-60 with a little spring lift.

Shake down the front end... Ball joints are a common problem could be a tie rod or your steering box could be bad.....

Or take it over to Crashes house and have him look at it....

Check the ubolts.... loose ubolts will cause all kinds of issues on these...That and the 90's era D60 steering SUCKS!!! There is an upgrade, that bolts on, but I'm not sure what that entails...

I figured someone else with an OBS powerstroke would have some experience in this ....crash is a GM guy lol

Nope Crash is a mechanic....Ford /chevy/dodge/ what ever!!!! Like me we all have a fond love for things that are mechanical!!! and we are not truly happy unless we have something to work on!!!!!:awesomework::beer:

I figured someone else with an OBS powerstroke would have some experience in this ....crash is a GM guy lol

I'm still a newbie with the stroke...so it will take me a bit to have the knowledge base with the stroke!!! But I will be there soon!!!!and if the stroke fails me it will get a dodge Cummins swap!!!!:awesomework::beer:

Check the ubolts.... loose ubolts will cause all kinds of issues on these...That and the 90's era D60 steering SUCKS!!! There is an upgrade, that bolts on, but I'm not sure what that entails...

I might look into that ...i tried shaking stuff down there didn't seem irregular

with over 150k miles the whole front end probably needs a rebuild. tie rod ends, leaf bushings, shocks, ball joints, u joints etc. i have a 97 f250

is the spring bushings shot?? I have had that happen to a rig once... not the same rig.. but it acted the same as what yours is... ended up being super worn out bushings...

just a thought...

is the spring bushings shot?? I have had that happen to a rig once... not the same rig.. but it acted the same as what yours is... ended up being super worn out bushings...

just a thought...

im going to check that i have seen that a couple other places while researching

My brothers 2000 f350 did this, his pitman arm almost fell off because the nut holding the pitman arm backed off it was only on by a couple threads.

Rotate the tires and see if it changes anything. Backs straight forward and cross the fronts to the rear RF to LR and LF to RR

\Also
Check air pressure
Are your hubs really out

Rotate the tires and see if it changes anything. Backs straight forward and cross the fronts to the rear RF to LR and LF to RR

\Also
Check air pressure
Are your hubs really out

yeah i planned on doing that since the backs are a little lower than the front....i check my pressure all the time....going to have to check the hubs mine arent auto anymore they are selectable but i know i have never put it in 4 wheel drive...i will check those again though.

Looked up a dual steering stabilizer since i dont have one will be grabbing one of those soon to slap on when i cahnge out my turbo and fuel bowl

Seems to me there is some sort of pressure valve in the power steering system that if it goes wonky the pressure goes way up. I think in the pump.... Might research that a little.