• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

What kind of axle is this?

SUPAFLY

axle.jpg

according to thier site. I dont think thats a sunray. Sunray's have u-bolt straps.

That's not a sunray that I know of, Briejer had the u bolt sunray's before the 5 tons he has currently.

From the Pirate thread, Mr.Climax talking about why he runs Bobby's CV joint instead of that Sunray Axle. This is an interesting quote, and, thought I'd repost it here.

I've run them hard. I've pushed them full turn with everything we've got.
40" BFGoodrich Crawlers and a do or die attitiude
We love them, we ran standard 60 stuff before we got the 60 Birfs from bobby, we pushed the ujoint style to about 42 degrees, at which point the yokes hit pretty hard, not ta mention the erery feeling of the joint wobble(feed back through the stearing wheel).
IMHO there are three way's, D60 CV's from Longfield, Shafts and Joints from CTM, or Sunray 1610's.
D60's from Longfield-
Fabulous amazing design
Fact Proven testing at 30 degrees of turn, to 20,000 ft/lbs of torque.(that's all the highter the machine goes)
45 degrees of unrestricked turning
Cost around $2200
Longfieldsuperaxles.com
CTM's- The first and the Original in super axle stength.
Outstanding company, Outstanding Jack
Real world proven stength
?Cost $5500?????????
Sunray-
Awsome design
Huge girth
1610 Joint
Cost?????????????????????

Finally and with all due respect but the first time is saw the Sunray stuff it was at UROC west event in Pheonix last year. The machine made it 5 feet into the course with brand new stuff and broke an axle. Now mind you it was the thiry five spline axle shaft, not their 1610 joint. and i am not aware of what metal it was but......

Only two reasons to have a joint that big 300m Axles or mabe 40 splines, which Sunray can do also.(more $$$$$)
Longfield 60 CV's include 300M shafts.

Matt(MR Climax) has truely beat the crap outta his birfs. I know him personally.

The smaller 1550 I had was a decent axle. I did not break it. However the inner "C" was a 1" thick piece of steel bent to the "C" and it kept spreading open. all it needed was a few gussets. The double splined axle and U bolted U joint I still think is a great idea...they never broke!!! I did bent the entire front axle though.

briejer, could you elaborate on the bend?? what tube diameter? What was the truss style(i assume this was on a linked rig), what tire size? and what situation where you in.

briejer, could you elaborate on the bend?? what tube diameter? What was the truss style(i assume this was on a linked rig), what tire size? and what situation where you in.

Pro-rock center 1/2wall DOM no truss. A standard S-N Fab 4 link on a buggy with 49" tires and an ass at the wheel. Jumped, flipped,rolled, bound, squeezed, and generally trashed on like a punk teenager stole it. Prior to the buggy it was in a heavy ass TJ with 44"TSL's that was equally trashed.

Pro-rock center 1/2wall DOM no truss. A standard S-N Fab 4 link on a buggy with 49" tires and an ass at the wheel. Jumped, flipped,rolled, bound, squeezed, and generally trashed on like a punk teenager stole it. Prior to the buggy it was in a heavy ass TJ with 44"TSL's that was equally trashed.

Well at least you don't sugar coat the truth at all...

:haha::haha::haha: