• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

what would you expect to get for $15,000

moto261

If i had a toyota pick up with a a motor that needed wired up,a drive line,skid plate and maybe some axles what do you think i could get or should get for $15,000?

Last edited:
If i had a toyota pick up with a a moror that needed wired up,a drive line,skid plate and maybe some axles what do you think i could get or should get for $15,000?

A Jeep, no Toyota is worth 15k. :flipoff:

I wouldn't even know where to begin with that kind of money for a rig!!

If i had $15000 for a build, I'd start with a 93-7 Ranger for under 1500. The remaining $13,500 could probably get you a nice sas front with coil overs (I'm partial to the TTB though, but it's only good for so long), Explorer disc 8.8, some air lockers/ gears, a doubler, a cage/ sliders, some 35's and an Exploder 5.0L. And throw in an 04-up nose swap for the hell of it. I doubt that would even come to the $15,000 total, if done with cost in mind. If it went to a shop, I don't know what you'd get.

That'd be my rig. But in reality, I'd never spend half that on a rig. Not all at one time anyway.

Fully built solid axle Tacoma or a long travel Tacoma with some cash left over.

For 15K I could buy a Runner, build it very solid, buy a tow rig, and still have at least 5K left over for beer and hookers..