• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Whats a elk head worth?

Trainwreckinseattle

mr tool shed
I know to have one done is spendy.....

Nice rack :redneck:

Roosevelt elk, shoulder mount

Serious what would one expect to ACTUALLY get for one?

It would depend on the score.

There is or was a few weeks ago a 400+ bull on ebay for $2500.

You just got to find the right buyer.

Check with some of the sporting goods stores, some will purchase mounts to hang on the wall.

Ebey is your best bet, but talk to a taxadermist about shipping cost prior to posting for sale.

look to spend $1000-1200+ on a good shoulder mount...make sure and research the taxidermist...check out some work he has done on the species your getting mounted...you dont want to spend that much money and have it turn out bad

look to spend $1000-1200+ on a good shoulder mount...make sure and research the taxidermist...check out some work he has done on the species your getting mounted...you dont want to spend that much money and have it turn out bad

That is way to much money for a shoulder mount.

I know of a few great Taxidermist that do a awsome job for less then half that.

I would venture to say the average price for a shoulder mount is about $500 + or -.

Now a full body mount can run you $1200 but not likely a shoulder mount.

i might be a little high on my price for the shoulder mount...but not much..if you can get a full body mount for $1200 id like to see that taxi's work...both my blacktail mounts i have ran me about $350 a piece...i just checked some prices with some local taxi's and there chargin from 700-1000 for a elk shoulder mount...and min $2500 for a lifesize

I think he's talking about buying a mount, not having one mounted. I see 6x6 average size bull mounts in the paper all the time out here. They go for anywhere from $250 and up.

Also, depends who its done by. There is a famous taxidermist (forget who) in seattle whose mounts bring in a bit more money than normal mounts

Are you looking to sell a mount or buy one? I just got off the phone with a friend that is a taxidermist in puyallup. He said to put it up on craigslist and E-bay price with very on horn size and how good of shape the hide is in. He said to check out some on there and you can gage the price range pretty much.

That is way to much money for a shoulder mount.

I know of a few great Taxidermist that do a awsome job for less then half that.

I would venture to say the average price for a shoulder mount is about $500 + or -.

Now a full body mount can run you $1200 but not likely a shoulder mount.

Deer hunter is right the average shoulder mount stats at about $850 and goes up thats from some very well recommended shops here in the south sound area I haven't been able to find any body that cheap except for Roger down in lakewood and I wouldn't have anything done by him even if he payed me.

my dad's a taxi. ............no advertising , but 20 + yrs. -by word of mouth is 1+ yrs. out and is an absolute artist ..........he's the cheapest I've seen also -

I believe elk mounts are 6-$700 ............I believe deer are like 450 .....

as for selling a head to someone , if that's the case ........it all dep. on the buyer , and how good the mount looks - but should get a few hun. even for an avg. 3-4 pt.

It was late and I wasn't in the chatterbox so I had no idea where to post this Mike :redneck:

I do have a Shoulder mount and was looking to sell it. I finally sold the cabin in Okanogan and have a few things to sell. This being one. The Person I purchased the place from made a big deal about the mount like it was rare or something.

I can take pictures. But I really know nothing about pricing so I thought I'd ask before I toss it on CL.

Thanks I think I've got a general idea of it's "value" As a couple people said though it's value and selling it for that are a little different thing.

:awesomework:

Before you put it up on CL, I can post it up on Hunting-Washington.com and I am sure someone on there who is a dedicated hunter may pick it up quick. If that doesn't work, I have a spot on my wall that is begging for one. :redneck: