• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

What's it worth? Samurai 6.5 tcase

Tlh89

I have a good 6.5-1 tcase in my Sami I'm thinking about selling.

Any zuk guys have any advice on what it's worth? I also have the low range off-road cradle I won't need anymore

Tlh89 said:

Any zuk guys have any advice on what it's worth? I also have the low range off-road cradle I won't need anymore

Bout $500 give or take

Tlh89 said:

What are you switching out to Trevor?

smbroady82 said:
What are you switching out to Trevor?

Not the ideal swap for me, but I have a line on a 22r swap that will basically cost nothing after selling my stuff. A good power increase for cheap.

Tlh89 said:
Not the ideal swap for me, but I have a line on a 22r swap that will basically cost nothing after selling my stuff. A good power increase for cheap.

Would it be cheaper to run a 2wd toy trans and keep the 6.5:1 ?

rednecklights said:
Would it be cheaper to run a 2wd toy trans and keep the 6.5:1 ?

I will get the trans with the 22r. Have a buddy with a toy tcase for $100 just have to buy 4.7 gear set which the Sami case will pay for.

Then I won't be as worried about my tcase grenading

Tlh89 said:
I actually came out ahead making this swap. Never regretted it. Didn't have very much luck with Sammy t cases. That was my main reason for doing it.

Tlh89 said:
I will get the trans with the 22r. Have a buddy with a toy tcase for $100 just have to buy 4.7 gear set which the Sami case will pay for.

Just throwing it out there, I've got a new trail gear twins sticks for your yota case when you get it.

Tlh89 said:

I hear ya, that's about the only thing that I worry about grenading anymore on mine. :(

cmac said:
I actually came out ahead making this swap. Never regretted it. Didn't have very much luck with Sammy t cases. That was my main reason for doing it.

Any idea on what your weight gain was?

That is my biggest concern ditching the 1.6

Tlh89 said:
Any idea on what your weight gain was?

That is my biggest concern ditching the 1.6
Not much my Sammy weighs 2200 lbs as is now. Not sure how far your rear is stretched but to keep my drive train length down I had to run a L series trans because it is about 5 inches shorter. Ended up being about the same length of the Sammy motor and t case.