• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Whats the new hot battery?

crash2

-Oh no I picked a side-
Well I have ran optima's forever and a day. Well I had one a few months back drop dead on me. And since then I have been running off the other battery. Well even that one is getting to the point that after sitting for a lil over a week that too will be too low to start the rig (with like a 15mA draw).

So whats the new/hot battery these days thats the same setup as an optima? With how my battery rack is built into the rig changing it is not going to be an easy task. And of course I am talking top post battery's.

Friend of mine had an Exide Orbital (dry cell like the optima) in his rig and was pretty happy with it... but that was after fighting the stupid optima that would never hold a charge.

I have had good luck with the Exide Gel batteries in the past. I cringe thinking about having acid gel splattered all over if it broke open.

I know a lot of guys that have switched from Optimas to the Exide Orbitals and I haven't heard any complaints yet. That's probably your best bet as far as finding something to fit in your battery rack since they're roughly the same size and configuration.

I've seen a couple guys run those Odyssey batteries, but IIRC they're really expensive and like half the size of an Optima.

Friend of mine had an Exide Orbital (dry cell like the optima) in his rig and was pretty happy with it... but that was after fighting the stupid optima that would never hold a charge.

Same problem, I killed one of those right quick without even trying.

Latest posts