• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Wheel Spacers

Blueleader

I'm looking for some recommendations on wheel spacers, particularly the 6x5.5 in a 1.5" or 2" width. Are there any brands that have held up good? Any to avoid?

Thanks

I've talked with many different people who run all different kinds of spacers. Main this is if they are aluminum, make sure they are T6, and use red locktite. If they are steel (uncommon) just use red locktite. Google "wheel adapter" and pick a company. Spidertrax is very popular. The trailgear 1.5" spacer is a good price.

Soooo...

Man, I hate to say this, but.........I hate wheel spacers.

You have got to come up with the right wheels so that you dont have to run spacers. For GOD sake, there has to be a better way...

:eeek:

Soooo...

You have got to come up with the right wheels so that you dont have to run spacers. For GOD sake, there has to be a better way...

when running an IFS rear, in an 79-85 yota, you need 1.5" spacers up front to match the rear.

Last edited:
Soooo...

Actually, I have the "right" wheels already. They are reversed center 15x8's with around an 1.5" BS. Problem is, I can't do a DIY beadlock on them due to the tire mounting issues. I want the spacers so I can run a standard backspace wheel. This is on the rear only, the front is getting a wider housing instead.

Thanks for the replies. Those e-bay ones look like a good deal.

Soooo...

They are cheaper than new rims, so why do you hate them?

For what it's worth, the first pair of Marlin Crawler 6 on 5.5 1.5" spacers I ordered were identical to the second pair of 6 on 5.5 1.5" spacers I ordered from some company on eBay. I mean, identical... down to the stampings in them.

I wheeled the piss out of my rig and drove it all over the place with spacers on all four corners and never had a single problem.