• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Where to get regeared

Gears setup by hands that have done a hundred are much happier than gears setup by a virgin.

Experience is priceless in a differential. There is SO MUCH more to making a diff live that just a pattern. I could go on for hours.

Not knocking any DIYers, but 99 percent of the failed axles that I build for people were not killed by a right foot, but the previous installer.

Do all the labor work yourself and pay someone thats GOOD to set the gears. Best way to save a buck.

Don't expect much price difference in re-gearing by carrying in the axles to a real shop. id rather have it up in the air secure not rolling around on a bench and not have to lift the fawker out of ur pickup

Don't expect much price difference in re-gearing by carrying in the axles to a real shop. id rather have it up in the air secure not rolling around on a bench and not have to lift the fawker out of ur pickup

I have done hundreds that way....

And I bet where u work now it wouldn't change the price much...

Does at my shop. Ask anybody who has dealt with me :awesomework:

A good portion of labor is disassembly. Why would I charge for something I have not done. Sorry but not everybody takes advantage of others.

First off he called real business and got quotes not crashes house. not talking about your back yard shop and how long does it take u really to strip down a front or rear-end on a lift. Again Bring in your rear-end stripped down or drive it it in. It surely doesn't take long to pull some tires brakes and axles. Even if it is a front end still isn't a big deal. Sure in your backyard shop with no lift it isn't fun to rebuild one in the vehicle. Hate to tell you but you but you won't find a more honest shop that doesn't take advantage of people than ours

Most shops charge what the book hrs are anyway, So I see what deerlick is saying. It's not like it's a tranny so your not gonna save on a bunch labor hrs.