• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

where you find money for these $60k builds? or more?

civicmindedex79 said:
I started out with a ton jeep and built it over two years while buying parts for a new buggy. Work like others said minimum of 60+ hrs a week. Kinda why it got the name overtime. Funny parts is everybody thinks building it is the expensive part :****: they soon find out upkeep is a helluva lot more expensive. Basically once I got buggy the way I thought I wanted it I start to upgrade from there.

You know you have got the $$$$$$..... You just like to use that work thing as an excuse !!!

I sell crack and looking for a meth recipe. Now hiring for taste testers, rat patrol, bathtub haulers and trolling motor rebuilders.. Ha I'm a Union Pipefitter like IM84 and with all the OT ill close the year out around 150k. My ol lady makes more then me and we bought our home and land on foreclosure so that helps also.

Between my Shugga Momma and recycling TacomaJD's empty beer bottles/ cans, I earnt me a cool million dollas... :flipoff1: :drinkers:

Re:

kushKrawlin said:
The better question is what's the difference in $100,000 ,a 60k and some of the 35K buggies with dam near the same part list ??

Since I build buggies for a living I can answer that. Custom interior work...Axle trusses/housings/shafts...Headers/exhaust...Laminated brackets (where you two thin brackets, a smaller bracket welded to a larger one, making the thickness the same as normal but lighter). Dimple dies. All of those things can be built simple and cheap, or really time consuming and expensive.

WELL I WENT TO college :dblthumb: GOT A PRETTY GOOD JOB :dblthumb:I LOVE MY WIFEY and hell half the $$$ in mine she contributed :****: :****: AND DONT HAVE ANY KIDS YET that's my story.... plus I am a mechanic and work at shop with machinist tools and got a shop myself with lots of good buddies... so that really makes a cheaper better experience for a buggy build !!!! with no payments

zukimaster said:
I like having a 5000 dollar turd and going about 95% of the places the 60000 dollar ones go! booyang

That what I am talking about. I have even traded around enough to get a higher end rig than what money was in it. Had a about 3k in one that could go as well as any then I traded back to a dual purpose rig due to usage. If I can drive it on the highway it gets used more, and I can justify keeping it. If it's not used cut your losses and move on.

My wife is a lot easier to get along with too if she sees me driving the junk up and down the road. If it is sitting to long she fusses, but I fuss at her about stuff too. I tell her boys never grow up our toys just get bigger and more expensive. My son likes to ride to so that helps.

redneckengineered said:
Here's my easy 4 step process. This has worked for me. Your results may vary.

1) Go to college
2) Get a good job
3) Don't get married
4) Don't have kids

:****:

Yep this is/was my exact method as well. I'm a firm believer that you get out of life what you put into it. Work hard should always come before play hard. And not having a couple tricycle motors running around the house helps with the off road funds as well.

A LOT of it has to do with priorities.

You'd be surprised how much money you can allocate for something that you REALLY want.

just like saving a chunk for retirement, paying your house off, etc. When you decide you want to do it, you can make it happen.

I've never been dedicated enough to build or buy a "nice" buggy

TBItoy said:
You'd be surprised how much money you can allocate for something that you REALLY want.

When you decide you want to do it, you can make it happen.

100% correct. I don't have a $60k buggy, I'm just saying those statements are 100% solid. I somehow always find ways to get something I really want. Some times that involves sacrificing finances in other areas of my life....all just comes down to how bad I want something. If I want it, I'm gonna get it. If it's too crazy expensive for me to afford, I realize that thus creating the effect of me not actually WANTING it, so I'm not chasing down some overly expensive bullshit. Hell I didn't give much more than $60k for my house ! :****:

redneckengineered said:
Here's my easy 4 step process. This has worked for me. Your results may vary.

1) Go to college
2) Get a good job
3) Marry a woman who loves wheeling more than you
4) Don't have kids

:****:

This modified version is what worked for me. laughing1

I work my ass off for my wife and kids (got 4 of them and they all love to wheel)... but I've also got to have a release... if you know what I mean... keep the priorities in order first off. After that its up to you..... unless you're one of those other guys. ..haha... in that case it's easier to ask forgiveness than it it is permission...lol

I work my ass off... but I never understood going to college to rack up students loans to get a job to make 55 a year??? Never went to college make well over 100k

Re: Re: Re: where you find money for these $60k builds? or more?

kody29 said:
I work my ass off... but I never understood going to college to rack up students loans to get a job to make 55 a year??? Never went to college make well over 100k
You don't have to rack up student loans to go to college. Hell I actually MADE money going to college.

Some people do, especially for advanced degrees (medical doctor, lawyer, etc), but racking up more than your projected first years salary in student loans to get a bachelors degree is just irresponsible IMO.

Granted I never had any student loans, but having a student loan makes a hell of a lot more sense than a car loan!

kody29 said:

Not to get off subject, but I agree with you on the loan thing. Thats why I sacrificed 4 years of my life in the military and put myself through college on the GI Bill. I actually made money from the VA while going to school and didn't owe a dime when I graduated.

1TONTJ said:
Not to get off subject, but I agree with you on the loan thing. Thats why I sacrificed 4 years of my life in the military and put myself through college on the GI Bill. I actually made money from the VA while going to school and didn't owe a dime when I graduated.

Thank you for your service, and I would agree that is a much smarter way to go to college.