• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Who alls watching / reading KOH ??

blacksheep10 said:
I don't know, 100" wb might have gotten high centered on something that big :flipgotcha: laughing1

Joachim Schweisow's rig has 102" WB and 37's and he came in 5th.

That is pretty bad ass. You should get used to that 100" WB before you cut that fine ass thing up :'(

Nolen did Tom Break a DRIVE HOME SHAFT? If so do you have any pictures or a story behind it? I know you are friends with him.

wngrog said:
Joachim Schweisow's rig has 102" WB and 37's and he came in 5th.

That is pretty bad ass. You should get used to that 100" WB before you cut that fine ass thing up :'(

X2 Big Lunch and AC are real close to 100" WB Also, you need to run it a lot and see before you make a decision like that

Cole said:
Nolen did Tom Break a DRIVE HOME SHAFT? If so do you have any pictures or a story behind it? I know you are friends with him.

Long story, but he was basically running the trails with only 3 tires. He did Sledge, Jack, Jack North and all the way to the top of Big Johnson (CP 8-11) with only 3 tires. He was beating it like none other. Finally, he got stuck and his alternator was burned up and he had to quit.

Got a 4th battery (alt dies at race mile 4 or so), changed the front 300M Jack shaft, and finished.

He had a helmet cam on, so when he gets me the video, I will get it on here.

He really is a piece of work. If you look at his times before he got the flat around CP-8, he was laying down some increadible numbers.

Cole said:
So he did break it, thats crazy. I hope to wheel with him one day.
He is an animal. Somebody used the steel ball in a rubber room analogy the other day in regards to him. He can break any thing. laughing1

That race just sounds like a rig beatdown. I'd like to have seen that ****. Too bad it wasn't setup for spectators at all.

As for my 100wb, yeah I expect to get used to it, but the reason for the stretch doesn't have as much to do with me wanting to lengthen the wheelbase. As it has to do with putting a kids bench in the back. That is priority #1, I just want to make sure I make the best compromises when doing that.

Cole said:
Hey Nolen, how come we haven't seen a picture of Toms broken axle?

I bet because "it never happened"
ninja.png

laughing1

under_psi said:
freee axles come with a disclaimer of "never to take pics of a break and post them on teh PBB..."....i am sure....

They weren't free, cost like 3 grand or some crazy **** like that.

Cole said:
They weren't free, cost like 3 grand or some crazy **** like that.

i know.....i called about them a while back....he quoted me $3100....i gulped, and he then said, "of course, that does include a set of my 300m u joints".....it didnt help the "gulp"....lol...

i don't think that tom had to pay full price for them...if he was, i would not have been sporting those CTM racing stickers on my buggy without some sort of compensation...

under_psi said:
i know.....i called about them a while back....he quoted me $3100....i gulped, and he then said, "of course, that does include a set of my 300m u joints".....it didnt help the "gulp"....lol...

i don't think that tom had to pay full price for them...if he was, i would not have been sporting those CTM racing stickers on my buggy without some sort of compensation...

If I bought a set I'd rock some sort of CTM sticker for Jack---he's a super nice dude :drinkers: