• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Why deer flats road should open

And I was at the same meeting with Rick. David told the 6 of us about the opening. Rick's info is the same info DAVID WAY gave the rest of the Forest Watch.

Maybe ya best have another meetin...... and clarify all of what is going to happen

I would probably try and have one, before you smoke the piece pipe with the big grand puba :cheer:

It's always best to have your sharp sticks organized before you walk into the lion

Like forest watch did a lot this last weekend :; Thanks for all that you did..........the job is more than a badge
thanks everyone for all of the efforts............ your phisical support for the sport really shows :eeek:.........

And your cheap shot at forest watch volunteers is in poor taste. If you would like to volunteer yourself and make it better I'm sure we could get you signed up.:awesomework:
Forest watch will be a big part of the June 20th opening.
Back to your regularily scheduled work party plan.

Last edited:
1 your still wrong, Just 5 miles and no cell tower road
2 and 3 since your edit you are warm
4 DNR is stepping up to secure the area and trails that are currently leave the road
5 they are building a task force o help with the situation of the opening. The sheriffs dept will be in the area more and are in the area a lot more now

1--5 miles is alot and there is alot of ground that can be destroyed

2--Where are the facts to state the number of days? I have searched thru the DNR website and everything I have received via email states absolutely nothing to the fact.

3--Again I have not seen a single piece of fact

4--Doesn't matter what is put up. Once folks hear its "open" (uneducated ones and thats alot) they will be up there.

5-- Same thing they have been doing--not alot due to there budget. I can't for see a single minute more of sheriffs presence up there.

6-- Only folks I heard about wanting to sue the DNR was the town of sultan. I had not heard of another group claiming to wanna sue the DNR for closing the area down.

As I have stated opening the road is plain and simply a bad idea. We have seen the issues that went on up there in the past.

1--Wood theft. This far exceeds out of pocket loss to the DNR than we as ORV users have ever caused

2--Illegal trail running. To state this won't be an issue is just silly. This is going to simply be mud in our faces.

3--spending money. So the DNR again wants to waste money out of the budget to lay large rocks and signs. What a waist of $$ when we can simply keep the gate closed.

4-- Shooters. They will be up there once the word gets out "reiter is open". We all know the mess's that come with that

5--Poor attempt at getting the word out by the DNR. I have talked to alot of folks over the course of the last couple weeks. Now these are not folks out in the city but folks who are local--in gold bar. I constantly get the "reiter is open". This is whats going to truly screw us. The misconception and poor information out there is going to bring those folks, the bad entity's out of the wood work.

I have run accross about 3-5 people in the last few months that have told me that Reiter is going to be open to wheel on the 20th and they are all going up there to wheel it on opening day. This scares me, and is one of the main reasons why I am against this half ass grand opening. Believe it or not the off road world does not stop at NWW... there are lots of people out there that wheel that are not on this forum... I know that is hard for you all to fathom. Just because they are not on this forum and have access to the loads of knowledge that is on here does not make them a bad person or irresponsible. We all (the greater NWW member body) know that the only thing that will be open will be the two roads at Reiter but does the entire wheeling world know all the facts? I dont think there has been enough educating to the people. Lucky for me is the people that I have run into are receptive to what I have to say and understand now that it is just the roads that are open and to still avoid going to Reiter and it is still in work. That said, I assume that there is a larger population of people that are irresponsible and will cause problems for us. This opening is like bate for those that just don't know and is leaving the door open for problems. Even being under strict watch, unless there is a gaurd at the gate waving people through like if you where entering a top sectret area, there is a high possability that damage will be done. Even though there are cops people still speed.

My question is, how many straws will it take to break the back? If one person desides to go on a wheeling rampage up the road will it be closed forever? 2 people? 3? How many? Are you willing to bet on Reiter? I'm not.

Last edited:
I have only two reasons why it should stay closed.

1) Cost. It will cost money and time. While people can spend time doing what they want, I think it'd be better spent making sure Walker Valley is up to standards and getting the trail plan for Reiter finished.
And if DNR has to spend more than a few dollars to keep this road open, then it should be a no go. We need that money for better things.

2) Being 'open' ... this is False. Its not open. But people would be misled to believe it is. So you'll get people coming to Reiter hearing that keyword, and get to the gate where some volunteers will inform them they're wrong and that its just a road.

I see the benefits of having it open Charlie, but I think the downsides still outweighs them.

And we need to remember, NWW, while big, is not the whole 4x4 community. We're just a fraction. Heck, with Reiter still closed we get people rushing to the place... can you imagine when the rumor spreads that its 'open'?

DNR has many roads already that are open to ORV use. Let people use those roads and keep them away from Reiter. We've already screwed up by closing it, but opening it now would be pointless unless we had a place for people to go (aka trails).

I have only two reasons why it should stay closed.

1) Cost. It will cost money and time. While people can spend time doing what they want, I think it'd be better spent making sure Walker Valley is up to standards and getting the trail plan for Reiter finished.
And if DNR has to spend more than a few dollars to keep this road open, then it should be a no go. We need that money for better things.

2) Being 'open' ... this is False. Its not open. But people would be misled to believe it is. So you'll get people coming to Reiter hearing that keyword, and get to the gate where some volunteers will inform them they're wrong and that its just a road.

I see the benefits of having it open Charlie, but I think the downsides still outweighs them.

And we need to remember, NWW, while big, is not the whole 4x4 community. We're just a fraction. Heck, with Reiter still closed we get people rushing to the place... can you imagine when the rumor spreads that its 'open'?

DNR has many roads already that are open to ORV use. Let people use those roads and keep them away from Reiter. We've already screwed up by closing it, but opening it now would be pointless unless we had a place for people to go (aka trails).

Wow dude, nice post... we must think alike.:awesomework:

haha I was thinking the same thing! I didn't notice your post until I posted mine.. swears I didn't copy! :cheer::cheer: :awesomework:

Me either.. Thats cool though. I would be willing to be another body in a room if there was an event for showing support on not opening those roads. Someone can let me know.

Since the artical that was in the Everett hearld a while back saying reiter will be open june 20th I bet I've had at least a half dozon people at work come to me and say hey I hear reiters opening again and I've told them no but they say I saw it in the news paper that it was.
I've had a few bike guys tell me they never knew it was closed.

So on the other side of the coin--whats the positives of having it open?

Its high risk but if the entire wheeling community where alble to pull off a sucessful opening of the 2 roads and everyone was able to obay the rules set by the DNR it may prove that we can be resposible. If you are willing to trust the entire wheeling comunity, that is eveyone with a 4x4, with this task they I say "lets open the dang roads!" and prove that we are worthy to be trusted.

I dont have to tell you that this will not happen. We will fail as a body and it will hurt. Read the Naches/Manastash thread that got locked and then look me in the eyes and tell me we all will play nice. :booo:

Its high risk but if the entire wheeling community where alble to pull off a sucessful opening of the 2 roads and everyone was able to obay the rules set by the DNR it may prove that we can be resposible. If you are willing to trust the entire wheeling comunity, that is eveyone with a 4x4, with this task they I say "lets open the dang roads!" and prove that we are worthy to be trusted.

I dont have to tell you that this will not happen. We will fail as a body and it will hurt. Read the Naches/Manastash thread that got locked and then look me in the eyes and tell me we all will play nice. :booo:

Don't have to look into my eyes nick--I fully understand :awesomework:

Charlie you keep saying people are uninformed... So who is doing this informing?

you don't seem to be doing a very good job and even if you provide info it really doesn't mean a whole lot so the break down in information is the DNR. DNR is not properly doing the informing so unless we all are going to start calling Stan, Mark, David or others everday then we all are "uninformed as you are so calling it" they(DNR) need to do a better job of informing the users of the area.

Here's how I see it, I'm not in the mood to right a big long post out, so I drew a picture.:redneck:
l_675491424c384d8088946d6862d8b660.jpg

Charlie you keep saying people are uninformed... So who is doing this informing?

you don't seem to be doing a very good job and even if you provide info it really doesn't mean a whole lot so the break down in information is the DNR. DNR is not properly doing the informing so unless we all are going to start calling Stan, Mark, David or others everday then we all are "uninformed as you are so calling it" they(DNR) need to do a better job of informing the users of the area.

This was kind of my point Scott. The purpose of the forest watch is to educate people. We get the information from the DNR and spread it to others. If forest watch has bad info then EVERYONE will have bad info.....

So on the other side of the coin--whats the positives of having it open?

It's not ALL bad though, I love driving up and down that road.at moch fukin 12!

If you wanted to look at it from a optomistic point of view.....You could drive in to go shooting.....drive in to park and go hiking......Maybe reuse the rocks for new trails.....