• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

why do you need a dana sixty

A lot of it depends on how you drive, I had a welded D44 with stock shafts in my Nissan with 38.5's, a V8/th350/dual cases and had zero problems and I wasn't really worried too much about it, sold the truck to Nick (Nac25) and he busted 2 or 3 shafts. A lot of people also told me the stock mini-truck birfs wouldn't last in my Cruiser, I'm not easy on the old turd at all, I beat the chit out of them, after about 12 runs I finally managed to pop one.

60's are :rb:, I know a gay guy(Money Mark) who broke 300m 60 shafts, with cheesey krawlers, I would go bigger if your are goin 42" tires, 60's break too easily...

A lot of it depends on how you drive, I had a welded D44 with stock shafts in my Nissan with 38.5's, a V8/th350/dual cases and had zero problems and I wasn't really worried too much about it, sold the truck to Nick (Nac25) and he busted 2 or 3 shafts. A lot of people also told me the stock mini-truck birfs wouldn't last in my Cruiser, I'm not easy on the old turd at all, I beat the chit out of them, after about 12 runs I finally managed to pop one.

see, this gets me.

I broke 2 stock shafts with 36's and a worn out nissan 3.0L.

and an alloy, how hte hell did you keep that together iwth a 350 and 38.5's?

see, this gets me.

I broke 2 stock shafts with 36's and a worn out nissan 3.0L.

and an alloy, how hte hell did you keep that together iwth a 350 and 38.5's?

I agree, cause I have a worn out 4cyl, ax-5, np231 YJ, and broke 44 Chromo shafts left and right, I had to buy a second, cause I was breaking them before I got off the trail. Of course I have 10,000lb boggers, but that can't be the problem!

I like portals. They have great diff clearance:cheer: turn 50deg and take a lot of tension off the inner axle. Some peeps think they are:rb: but come on :looser: diff clearance is important:awesomework:

I'm getting closer to that. The last deal fell thru so i think i'm going to have a rig built by a local guy who did my street rods. new frame and tub late model gm engine atlas and sixtys. i just cant decide on the sixtys dynatrac or solid. who else builds mail order sixtys?

With the Dynatracs you'll get additional ground clearance because they have a high clearance custom housing. The Solid design uses a standard diff cover pattern so you don't gain any clearance over a standard OE 60.

i needed 60's because i was always breaking toy ring and pinions...:puke:

now i have 60's,auto and a v8:awesomework: and im never lookin back:beer: