• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Wife / girlfriend / side-chick / Christmas gift thread

I am gonna get her the same thing I got her last year. Nothing. How about take her to church or maybe a nice dinner, write her a letter about the importance of the real reason for the season and the reasons that you love her. I assume JohnG's wife and some of the others significant others would prefer that to some random gift that they found on sale. While your at it, give her a hug and a kiss like you mean it, clean up around the house and take some of that hidden money and let her buy herself a present that she will actually use and want.

tonybolton said:
So far....food processor seems to be what'll get the job done. Open to any other suggestions or idea's. No cuckolding please...
A basset hound. :popcorn:

We are going to NYC for a few days as a Christmas/10 Year anniversary trip. We have been away from our kids for a total of about 6 days in 8 years so we are spending a little time and money on ourselves. :cougar:

lowbudgetjunk said:
take some of that hidden money and let her buy herself a present that she will actually use and want.

tried that
My wife sees it as a cop-out to not trying to get a meaningful gift :dunno:

Just sayin...
YMMV

She appreciates a card + "write her a letter about the importance of the real reason for the season and the reasons that you love her."

I don't like gifts, don't want people to waste their time or money on me. I prefer a good firm handshake or a hug and a "Nice to have you around" as opposed to some more junk.
Also hate buying anyone else gifts. I must be a scrooge. laughing1

TBItoy said:
tried that

Just sayin...
YMMV

She appreciates a card + "write her a letter about the importance of the real reason for the season and the reasons that you love her."

I don't like gifts, don't want people to waste their time or money on me. I prefer a good firm handshake or a hug and a "Nice to have you around" as opposed to some more junk.

You sound more like and intelligent male role model, who doesn't buy into the over commercialization of holidays. No idea why there are bratty, spoiled kids in this world? Spend a grand apiece on kids for Christmas and send them to their room to scour the Internet, all while learning from anyone but you. No idea why our youth is lacking in morals, family values and just the ability to communicate. I try to break the hands of the pussified youth that I come in contact with, all the while making fun of their fathers for allowing such soft hands on a teenage boy.

Maybe I missed something, but that's a small rundown. Christmas is about Christ, not Amazon deals and Black Friday shopping.

Now, back to all the **** y'all are buying for your side piece. :popcorn:

BUG-E J said:
I got mine a race gas scented candle last year. :****:

.....added to Amazon Wish List. Thanks! I bought some of that rubber landscaping mulch last year and it smelled like a burnout for a month in front of the house. ;)

muddinmetal said:
I told mine she could buy that vacuum she wanted :****:

I bought a stupid nice vacuum for her 5 years ago. I wanted it WIFE-PROOF and it's been great. Still running. Only one rubber band burned through...and she tries to break it.

TBItoy said:
tried that

Just sayin...
YMMV

You're good people. ;)

jeeppoor said:
A basset hound. :popcorn:

We've had that discussion. It'd either hafta be some gay frilly dog or a worthless ass cat. So the option is NOTHING.

Can't tell you what to buy yer side chick unless you post pictures of said side chick so we can determine the value needed.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Bought mine a house and we're finally under 1 roof after 10 years, my presence is gift enough, I got my 4year old grandson a red rider bb gun woot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tonybolton said:
.....added to Amazon Wish List. Thanks! I bought some of that rubber landscaping mulch last year and it smelled like a burnout for a month in front of the house. ;)

I bought a stupid nice vacuum for her 5 years ago. I wanted it WIFE-PROOF and it's been great. Still running. Only one rubber band burned through...and she tries to break it.

You're good people. ;)

We've had that discussion. It'd either hafta be some gay frilly dog or a worthless ass cat. So the option is NOTHING.
I found a rubber burnout scent too but it's hard to beat walking into the house and smelling 113. It actually works it's just not as strong as you expect.

TBItoy said:

This except I always buy for the kids in family, mom and gma. Everybody else I would just like to sit down and have a peaceful meal.

Looks like 2018 might have to be the year I finally get married. So that **** will be expensive enough I am sure. ::)

My in laws take Christmas and birthdays seriously. The first year that I was dating my now wife they bought me a 300ish piece tap and die set. I was speechless and felt super awkward. I refused to take it, which in turn offended them. My family has always been po folk. So we give homemade gifts or are just happy to be around each other for the most part. Except my dad, who gets real mad if your gift for him isn't up to par.

civicmindedex79 said:
This except I always buy for the kids in family, mom and gma. Everybody else I would just like to sit down and have a peaceful meal.

Looks like 2018 might have to be the year I finally get married. So that **** will be expensive enough I am sure. ::)

My wife got the all the little cousins 88 cent sport type water bottles on clearance, and put vinyl graphics on them (their name + dolphins or dinosaurs or something)

I told my mom and dad to not spend more than $20 on Boyce (my kid, 2.5), told them to give me $ to put in his 529 account (and the state is adding 5% to 529 contributions during December).

I need to figure out what to get my wife... "out of debt" is what we're working on, so it's not going to be more than a card and maybe something for her classroom (1st grade teacher).

money_pit_yj said:
We are going to NYC for a few days as a Christmas/10 Year anniversary trip. We have been away from our kids for a total of about 6 days in 8 years so we are spending a little time and money on ourselves. :cougar:

Man that is awesome, I hope to go to NYC at Christmas time, someday, It is on my bucket list

dwa2469 said:
Man that is awesome, I hope to go to NYC at Christmas time, someday, It is on my bucket list
We are excited. We try and be extremely generous and give back as much as we can do it is weird to spend the money on just us, but 10 years married to me deserves more than a few days in NYC. We have already decided we are not theatre people so Broadway is out. I'm just ready to see time Square and all that stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk