• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Wife / girlfriend / side-chick / Christmas gift thread

LightBnDr said:
Umm you better post up a link!!!!

Holy smokes I want a VP race fuel candle for the shop!!!!
Ebay race fuel scented candle. You better get more than one if you wanna do a large area. It was more like a hint of it like I had started the buggy in the garage and pulled it out. But you definitely knew it when you walked in the room

This is the only thing I hate about Christmas time. I hate gifts, adults don't need gifts (non-poverty stricken adults anyways). We spoil the stepson real good, but I don't want **** from anybody for me. I also don't want to give the wife anything. I have never bought her anything for Christmas, nor her birthday. With the exception of her latest birthday in October, which was her 30th birthday - I had a nice arrangement of flowers in a keepsake vase sent to her work. Still no material gifts. She buys what she wants when she wants, and so do I. No reason either of us should stress over what to get the other every year. I just frown on it all the way around. I can tell she wants to do gifts, probably just so she has something to say when her bitch-ass coworkers ask what I got her for Christmas or something like that. It's something we've talked about and I've expressed my dislike of gifting, and instead we do something special like take a weekend trip or go eat somewhere fancy we've never been before, or just something out of the ordinary. But last year, she surprised me with a gift, which was one of those Porter Cable battery powered radios from Lowe's for like $90, but when we found out it didn't come with a battery(ies) (interchangable with their other power tools) and the batteries are so expensive, I talked her into us just taking it back. So that was averted, but I felt kinda bad.

I just wish she'd understand where I'm coming from with this ****. It ain't the spending of the money, hell if there was one single thing that I could go buy for her every year that costed a benjamin or two and she would be happy with it, I'd buy it. But gifting turns into outdoing yourself from the previous year's gift. And I am too much a perfectionist to not try and buy the perfect gift if I was going to do so, so I couldn't feel good about just buying her some bullshit gifts or gift cards every year. That would be meaningless in my eyes. And buying the perfect gift would progress in spending more and more each year, because of course I'd have to do better than I did the year before. So I'd rather just avoid the whole thing. Kids are easy to buy for and to me, deserve to be spoiled. It is 100% possible to spoil kids with cool **** they want for Christmas without them turning into lame ****wads that don't contribute to anything later in life. My parents never had a whole lot but they made sure I had everything I wanted, and I turned out to be an independent sumbitch from an early age.

Anyways, there's my conflict... I need a beer. :drinkers: :flipoff1:

TacomaJD said:
This is the only thing I hate about Christmas time. I hate gifts, adults don't need gifts (non-poverty stricken adults anyways). We spoil the stepson real good, but I don't want **** from anybody for me. I also don't want to give the wife anything. I have never bought her anything for Christmas, nor her birthday. With the exception of her latest birthday in October, which was her 30th birthday - I had a nice arrangement of flowers in a keepsake vase sent to her work. Still no material gifts. She buys what she wants when she wants, and so do I. No reason either of us should stress over what to get the other every year. I just frown on it all the way around. I can tell she wants to do gifts, probably just so she has something to say when her bitch-ass coworkers ask what I got her for Christmas or something like that. It's something we've talked about and I've expressed my dislike of gifting, and instead we do something special like take a weekend trip or go eat somewhere fancy we've never been before, or just something out of the ordinary. But last year, she surprised me with a gift, which was one of those Porter Cable battery powered radios from Lowe's for like $90, but when we found out it didn't come with a battery(ies) (interchangable with their other power tools) and the batteries are so expensive, I talked her into us just taking it back. So that was averted, but I felt kinda bad.

I just wish she'd understand where I'm coming from with this ****. It ain't the spending of the money, hell if there was one single thing that I could go buy for her every year that costed a benjamin or two and she would be happy with it, I'd buy it. But gifting turns into outdoing yourself from the previous year's gift. And I am too much a perfectionist to not try and buy the perfect gift if I was going to do so, so I couldn't feel good about just buying her some bullshit gifts or gift cards every year. That would be meaningless in my eyes. And buying the perfect gift would progress in spending more and more each year, because of course I'd have to do better than I did the year before. So I'd rather just avoid the whole thing. Kids are easy to buy for and to me, deserve to be spoiled. It is 100% possible to spoil kids with cool **** they want for Christmas without them turning into lame ****wads that don't contribute to anything later in life. My parents never had a whole lot but they made sure I had everything I wanted, and I turned out to be an independent sumbitch from an early age.

Anyways, there's my conflict... I need a beer. :drinkers: :flipoff1:
You think too much. Go buy her some earrings and a canvas pic of the family and give it to her. She will think more of the gesture than the gift. Right now you have the perception of the selfish jackass who doesn't want to spend money and only cares about what he wants (to not give gifts). Even if you buy the wrong gift you are now the guy who did something nice even though he doesn't like it or agree with it and that makes her happy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apparently she don't think I'm too big a asshole or she wouldn't have married me after 3 Christmas's and 3 birthdays where we didn't buy each other anything. Lol

Got mine the Ruger .38 shes been lusting over. She wants a ring too. laughing1

Her father used to own a gun shop and has a huge collection so I'll get something out of that. Right now its looking like a S&W 547 3" in 9mm.

TacomaJD said:
Apparently she don't think I'm too big a asshole or she wouldn't have married me after 3 Christmas's and 3 birthdays where we didn't buy each other anything. Lol

Just wait. When I was a newlywed my wife thought it was funny when I would get blistering drunk and hit on 76 year old waitresses at Cracker Barrel but after a few months of marriage suddenly I'm inappropriate to ask Ethel how she got all her stars. :dunno:

money_pit_yj said:
Just wait. When I was a newlywed my wife thought it was funny when I would get blistering drunk and hit on 76 year old waitresses at Cracker Barrel

Sounds like Zukimaster :****: :stir: :stir:

Got mine a foam Cannon and soap from the chemical guys, she is real OCD about washing her car. So now when it's cold she can still was it. I'm getting a b&m shifter for the new buggy.

RobbyBobby said:
See now this is why i exclewsively date only big girls.....all they want is daddy's big cawk for xmas

Somebody posted a picture of Big Bird race car and he done back on here! :middelfangers: