• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Wife / girlfriend / side-chick / Christmas gift thread

The Luke said:
My in laws take Christmas and birthdays seriously. The first year that I was dating my now wife they bought me a 300ish piece tap and die set. I was speechless and felt super awkward. I refused to take it, which in turn offended them. My family has always been po folk. So we give homemade gifts or are just happy to be around each other for the most part. Except my dad, who gets real mad if your gift for him isn't up to par.

The best gift that I've given, I made my daddy a quilt, when he teared up and said no one has ever made me anything before, that was the best gift to me.
My mom made me a scrap book of pictures of her and my dad, that's one of my favorites. Anytime that someone makes you something, it comes from the heart and to me that's the best gifts. My favorite gift from patrick, he found a note my dad wrote me, I was a daddy's girl (he passed 7/20/13) and Patrick had a bracelet made for me that was in my daddy's handwriting that's said I love you twice as much.

Re: Re: Wife / girlfriend / side-chick / Christmas gift thread

ljholmann said:
The best gift that I've given, I made my daddy a quilt, when he teared up and said no one has ever made me anything before, that was the best gift to me.
My mom made me a scrap book of pictures of her and my dad, that's one of my favorites. Anytime that someone makes you something, it comes from the heart and to me that's the best gifts. My favorite gift from patrick, he found a note my dad wrote me, I was a daddy's girl (he passed 7/20/13) and Patrick had a bracelet made for me that was in my daddy's handwriting that's said I love you twice as much.
That is cool. I miss seeing Patrick posting here. Glad you have chosen to stick around.

On another note I just broke down and bought the wife an Air Fryer for Christmas. Lol

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Re: Re: Wife / girlfriend / side-chick / Christmas gift thread

TacomaJD said:
That is cool. I miss seeing Patrick posting here. Glad you have chosen to stick around.

On another note I just broke down and bought the wife an Air Fryer for Christmas. Lol

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Y'all aren't gonna get rid of me. ;D Thank you.

money_pit_yj said:
We are excited. We try and be extremely generous and give back as much as we can do it is weird to spend the money on just us, but 10 years married to me deserves more than a few days in NYC. We have already decided we are not theatre people so Broadway is out. I'm just ready to see time Square and all that stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We went for our 1st year anniversary about 5 years ago the week of Thanksgiving and saw the parade. There is a lot to see and do with all of the Christmas lights.

A lot times you can find deals on Groupon for places that you want to visit that will save some money. I did a lot of walking to avoid paying taxi fees. We found the found to taste a little different from the southern style I'm use to.

Take the subway to China town and Little Italy. I wanted to eat at the restaurants at in Little Italy but didn't get to as they are about as real as it gets.

Have fun and bring some pocket change as it's not that cheap there.

TacomaJD said:
My parents never had a whole lot but they made sure I had everything I wanted, and I turned out to be an independent sumbitch from an early age.

Same here...my old man always bought me and my younger brother junky old go carts and dirt bikes that we always had to work everytime we rode them. That's how I learned how to work on things....hell now that I think about it they were a lot like these buggies we still play with lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

So my shopping is done.

Food processor(that she sent me a picture of)
A stocking stuffer gift of some socks that say "BRING MORE WINE IF YOU CAN READ THIS" on the bottom
A wine glass with a novelty "meter" imprinted on the side of it that denotes the different levels of relaxation.
A cook book named "What the **** do I want to cook tonight?!"

Looks like I have a few gifts under the tree that match up to links I sent her. This might not be another terrible gift Christmas for me.

All my wife's presents are due this Thursday. I got her a half dozen t shirts and yoga pants thumb.gif. and a coffee mug. All of the items have some saying or picture of an ACD (austral cattle dog). One of her hobbies, her dogs.

My wife is the opposite. she hates giving/getting gifts. she asks for a few things expecting her parents and my parents want to get her something. She gets so pissed at me whenever I get her anything. I still do though.... The nurses that I work with convince me every year that I have to get her something.

This year I got her a body pillow so she can stay away for me in bed and some slippers because her feet are always ice cubes. She is going to be pissed again :dunno: