• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

wilburns offroad park

Exactly were in the southeast on a map is this place yall :dunno: Kentucky :dunno:

and NO the link in the second post does not work for me yadda yadda yadda ;D

zukiscott said:
Exactly were in the southeast on a map is this place yall :dunno: Kentucky :dunno:

Just south of cullman, al. Exit 299 go east, first rd. on the right then follow signs. If they're still posted

zukiscott said:

About 15 miles or so north of gray rock exit on 65. Hanceville, AL

THANKS YALL, this is good news to hear :dblthumb:

I hope it works out and becomes a new park to wheel at for damn shure with these recent park closures and shutdowns goin on.

Never been myself but know quite a few local railbuggy riders who use to make the trip aleast twice a month so apparently they liked it! If i were buying it to develop into a offroad park, I would spend the inital money on trail development, nice outhouse facilty, and promotion/events. Spend the time and develop 10-15 difficult hill shoots for the bouncers and haul in some rocks if not plentiful to add some mid level trails. Seems from reading that their is a good base of sxs/atv trails already on site. Use this to your advantage as this market is the rock buggy/bouncer market pre-housing market failure! I don't think you can have the build it and they will come attitude as Durhamtown in Ga done this and the rockbuggy part of the park is in danger of closing down?

I think making a go of another offroad park that close to Stoney Lonesome is gonna be tough. As you may or may not know, S.L. is owned by Cullman county and as far as facilities is simply the nicest around. The only thing Stoney Lonesome lacks is some higher difficulty trails and rockcrawling obstacles for full size vehicles. I would guess that those shortcomings will take care of themselves as some of the current trails age and the topsoil is worked off. There are some really steep hillclimbs and some nasty mudholes. It will always have a big advantage since it's government owned and will have a huge advantage on insurance cost since it's difficult to sue a government. It has a motocross track, horseback area, huge gravelled parking lot, campground with hookups and firepits, modern showerhouse and drycabin rentals. It looks like they're building a mudracing closed course, too. It's a huge place with plenty of room to expand the trail system.

I personally think the property would be a great place, its a great location, central alabama, right off I65, huge amounts of parking, it can cater to everyone, hills can be setup for the rock bouncers and theres miles of trails for trail riders, also stayed packed on weekends with SxS's. Sounds like a winner to me :driving: booyang I have heard that an offer had been made on it but thought that was all rumor, good to hear it could be in the works!

doctordick said:
I think making a go of another offroad park that close to Stoney Lonesome is gonna be tough. As you may or may not know, S.L. is owned by Cullman county and as far as facilities is simply the nicest around. The only thing Stoney Lonesome lacks is some higher difficulty trails and rockcrawling obstacles for full size vehicles. I would guess that those shortcomings will take care of themselves as some of the current trails age and the topsoil is worked off. There are some really steep hillclimbs and some nasty mudholes. It will always have a big advantage since it's government owned and will have a huge advantage on insurance cost since it's difficult to sue a government. It has a motocross track, horseback area, huge gravelled parking lot, campground with hookups and firepits, modern showerhouse and drycabin rentals. It looks like they're building a mudracing closed course, too. It's a huge place with plenty of room to expand the trail system.

It looks like Stoney Lonesome is just shy of 1500 acres. The Wilburn property with all the optional land is closer to 6k. I really don't care much for mud so I will do everything I can to keep trails mud free. No plans at all for horses or even motorcycles at this time.

doctordick said:

DAMN it sounds to me like we need to get the government outfit thats runnin Stoney Lonesome to buy the MSORP property and do the same thing with it for us :****:

Sounds about like the same setup as HARLAN has got goin on, hell come to think of it with all this insurance bullshit goin on here lately it looks like before long

that Black Mountain in Harlan Ky. , and Stoney Lonesome may be the ONLY damn places left open to wheel in the southest befrore its overwith ::)

But if it does come down to that I will happily plan bout six trips a year to HARLAN to wheel ;D

Never been to Wilburns, and as far as I'm concerned the more places to ride the better!! My point is that it's gonna be hard for anyone to compete with a gov't owned park, especially one so close. In a perfect world, I'd say let the horsey people, atv and sxs and dirtbike riders have Stoney Lonesome and I'll go a little farther to a park limited to full size rigs. Then everyone will be happier, and safer too.

x2 on the mud, I just threw that in 'cause some folks like that chit and sometimes the gurlz get :drinkers: and flashemifyougotem

and sometimes the gurlz get and

something you hardly ever see with the rock bouncer crowd but are almost guarenteed of seeing at a mud event. something about the mud brings out the flashemifyougotem :woot:

doctordick said:

i was at a woodsbuggy event at stoney a couple of years ago and after it was over about 3/4 of the crowd left and went to wilborns to ride, stoneys attendnce was virtually nill if wilborns was open and only after wilborns closed did stoneys attendance strat to rise enough to amount to anything, i honestly believe that run correctly wiborns would be more succesful than stoney. jmo.

lowbudgetjunk said:
Stoney Lonesome = no beer allowed. That alone knocks out a huge portion of people that would attend the park. Don't get me wrong, it does well. I am just speaking to the numbers. Wilborn's has huge potential for being a great park. It will take time and money to get it there though. X2 on the the GPS for that place. It took me a few trips down to find my way out of the back canyon area.

I think the alcohol it is somewhat of a "don't ask don't tell " policy at Stoney Lonesome.

dude if you buy this land it will be the greatest thing in alabama us railbuggy guys would be their every weekend and will gladly come back and theirs hundreds of us its a great buy and a goldmine you cant go wrong buying this land please do lol we need a good park with room and this was the best

CheapJ7 said:
It was a great park with alot of potential, but it was primarily atv oriented. Alot of big steep climbs with rocks underneath, but didn't get enough traffic to wash the top soil away.

I'd say it would be a great offroad investment.

One of the best parts was the swimming hole (pond) with a platform and the best rope swing I had ever been on!
yea that swimming hole was awsome the rope swing was fun! :****:

i think if a bunch of people starting riding there and made some hills i wouldnt be a bad place,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,this park defantly has the potenial to be a great park!! :driving:

Latest posts