• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Wildman's odds & ends

Wildman1

So the past few days I have just been trying to tie up all the loose ends on stuff that needed to be done to get my Jeep ready for Moab in May.

Today I worked on a bracket to mount my XM Radio tuner on. It is also going to have a jack for a MP3 player.

So here is what I started with.
IMGP1816.jpg

Then some cutting and grinding.

IMGP1815.jpg

And then a little welding (if you can call it that!!)

IMGP1817.jpg

IMGP1818.jpg

IMGP1819.jpg

Then weld it onto my cage and done. Got to pickup some paint tomorrow.

IMGP1820.jpg

IMGP1821.jpg

Plus I found a use for my old uniforms!!

Next was to build a holder for my chainsaw. I can't claim that this was my idea. Some of the other guys in my club came up with the idea. They work at a pastic plant and got the stuff I used for me.

So first is to cut your pieces and then take a router and cut out the slot for your chainsaw bar.

IMGP1822.jpg

IMGP1823.jpg

Next drill some holes and bolt it together.

IMGP1824.jpg

IMGP1825.jpg

IMGP1826.jpg

I am going to weld some tabs onto my spare tire carrier and then mount this to it. Safe way to carry my saw.

A lot of downed trees in Moab?

:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: Your a Funny Feller!! :haha: :haha: :haha:

Well there is still some minor things I need to get done before Moab. But the Jeep rolled out of the garage under it's own power. I need to adjust the pinon angle and replace some bolts and stuff.

So here is what I got done today.
Painted the radio bracket.
IMGP1827.jpg

IMGP1828.jpg

Then while the paint dried I made the tabs to mount the chainsaw holder.
(Ya I know I won't need it for Moab but I live in the PNW & do need it here)
It was on my to do list so it got done.

IMGP1833.jpg

IMGP1832.jpg

Also I was making a new spot to mount the antenna for my GPS.
IMGP1834.jpg

So here is the XM mount installed.
IMGP1837.jpg

IMGP1838.jpg

And the jack for a MP3 player.
IMGP1839.jpg

So the radio that is in the Jeep is a marine unit and is hardwire remote controlled. I have the remote mounted on the center console and can choose between regular radio, XM radio, CD or PM3.
IMGP1836.jpg

So the paint had dried and I got the antenna mounted.
IMGP1844.jpg

IMGP1845.jpg

And here is the XM tuner in place.
IMGP1846.jpg

And I got the chainsaw houlder mounted. It turned out real good.

IMGP1840.jpg

IMGP1841.jpg

IMGP1842.jpg

Last edited:
Looks good!

Have you thought of a good way to maybe keep the saw in the holder? a pin or something? keep it from coming out or maybe a way to lock it in there?

If there is room--rick will use it.. But rick was also wheeled an empty zook back in the day.

Right on rick---but I think you have a couple empty spots left,lol..

Mike,
I like to be ready. I just about got everything I want.

Looks good!

Have you thought of a good way to maybe keep the saw in the holder? a pin or something? keep it from coming out or maybe a way to lock it in there?

Yes I am going to put a strap or bungie on it.

All you'll need is a tire plug kit.

Spares are for really old timers that have not learned yet, or are incapable of learning, that there are in fact tires out there designed for wheelin that don't always get flats.

Nice mount for the saw!!now you just need an orange saw to match the mount---it's all about aesthetics,right?:redneck:

Spares are for really old timers that have not learned yet, or are incapable of learning, that there are in fact tires out there designed for wheelin that don't always get flats.

Now if I had feelers that there might have stung a little:haha:

Got a tire plug kit and for now I am just going to run spareless.

You've seen his engine bay right? That is a good example of how rick likes to use his space wisely:awesomework:

Thanks Sam, now that it is back up and running my be we can hit a trail or two.