• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Window nets: style, latch?

Randy uses the seatbelt style on Bombers. You would think if it passes tech at KOH it would be good for any other race :dunno:

Re:

We raced ECORS..
http://www.ecors.com/rules/
13. All driver restraint systems and window net release devices shall be quick-release latch type. NO CAM-LOCK or push button type devices are allowed.

Werock:
4.26: Window Nets
W.E.ROCK's goal for the window net rule is to create a vehicle that is safe.
4.26.4: Nets must be secured by a positive locking mechanism and shall be installed so that the driver can
release the netting and exit the vehicle unassisted regardless of vehicle position.

When we ran, we saw both types of latches used but by the rules the button style is not allowed...so I suppose it's up to the safety Marshall and who the racers are? :dunno:

These are the ones I was thinking about http://m.summitracing.com/parts/vms-700106

These seemed like the most one handed system being able to grab anywhere along the upper bar with gloves on and slide and release the bar.

I have not personally used them so that's why I am askin, I would think the seat belt style could get jammed with dirt, they are also advised agianist in ultra 4 correct?

Whichever mounting kit you decide on, id suggest the round bar versus the flat bar and be mindful of how you install them. if the lower bar is mounted above the window bar, when you exit/enter the rig youll get the bar on your ass cheeks / legs. Remember you'll be required to be able to exit the rig within 10 seconds from fully strapped in with all your gear on. Design your windows and nets accordingly.

Of course, all this coming from a wanabe racer :woot: :****:

I had thought about the entry and exit over the lower bar, I plan to mount it on the inside of the tube below center and tight. I didn't want the tabs in the way at all when I don't have the nets installed either. We will only run nets at races and maybe 1/3 of the time when not.

Is the latch style easy to do with one hand?

Re:

I mentioned that in case you order one size fits all nets.
The latch is easy, just like harness latches...add a lanyard

The only ones I have any experience with are Dj safety and I highly recommend them! Custom fit and built to your specs! Atleast give them a call and see what they have to offer!

Call PRP for your window net. Square net in an odd shaped buggy window looks odd to me. PRP will make it custom, high quality and good price. Highly recommend.

Avoid the ribbon style. Go string, like your link, or mesh. string and mesh are easier to see through.

The spring loaded is where its at. I had the latch style before and compared to the spring loaded...latch style sucks!

What keeps the rod from slipping out of the net when your net is down with that spring style? Link and latch is simple and bombproof, and mud doesn't bother it

Neal3000 said:
What keeps the rod from slipping out of the net when your net is down with that spring style? Link and latch is simple and bombproof, and mud doesn't bother it
Mines held in by magic and pixie semen.

InDaShop said:
The spring loaded is where its at. I had the latch style before and compared to the spring loaded...latch style sucks!

thumb.gif thanks! thats really what i wanted to hear.