• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

"Wishin' 4 One Tons" The 86ish Grand Waggy

Not much of an update. Havent had much free time to mess with this lately. Got the rear wrapped back up minus just a little welding and reworking the frame side shock mounts, wanting to have the truck back on the tires for those.

Decided I didn't much care for my shorty headers, or any of the ones I had laying around.

So I'm hacking both sets up into 180s booyang booyang I hate exhaust work cause I suck at it, I figure there is only one way to get better at it. thumb.gif

DSCF0244_zpsmhvrrf9d.jpg

DSCF0247_zpswlycvflx.jpg

Still have to get the other side routed under the the oil pan to get to the right collector, but I think I'm slowly overcoming my hate for exhaust.

DSCF0248_zps7ubvhcxw.jpg

Rear Comp cut and bob all finished up minus a little welding on the floor.
DSCF0205_zps8x0jt4i4.jpg

Always been a fan of the way you Yota guys cut your front fenders :dblthumb: Trying to see how far to push out the front as well.

DSCF0250_zpszk1sdfvu.jpg

Not sure about the head light yet, might just hang a little LED or something.

DSCF0249_zpsxzjctyts.jpg

I got some other small junk done, mostly figuring out a 3 link for the front. Plenty of room just gotta get some moola recouped before.

**EDIT. Gonna just stick this here. Had a few hours to work on this earlier

DSCF0251_zps7u02glyu.jpg

Been a while since I've updated this. Don't really feel like its worth keeping a thread on anymore molaugh

PSC hydro assist/tapped astro box and beefy steering links thumb.gif Thanks Chris aka JOHO

DSCF0404_zps809g4u5u.jpg

Hacked off the entire front suspension, got the 3 link more or less mocked up. Cutting brackets sometime next week I guess. Still gotta adjust a few things on the stands before any of this gets finalized. Its more of a make sure nothing is directly in the way kinda deal right now.

DSCF0428_zpsi3xmv8kd.jpg

Just shy of "oh **** it broke something". Thinking this will be pretty close to full bump.

DSCF0425_zps15dwx0gj.jpg

Track bar wasn't quite doing what I wanted it to, maybe I just got carried away with going low :dunno:

DSCF0423_zpslyzrvl4d.jpg

FlatlandFSJ said:
Been a while since I've updated this. Don't really feel like its worth keeping a thread on anymore molaugh

PSC hydro assist/tapped astro box and beefy steering links thumb.gif Thanks Chris aka JOHO

Any time man! Look forward to wheeling with you when we can get together!
I like the comp cut fenders BTW!
Keep up the good work!!

Def look forward to wheeling with ya eventually :driving:

Didn't do much yesterday or today on it, made motor sounds and scratched my head for a bit on new upper shock mounts.

Hacked the rest of the notch together , still got some work to do on the corner on the inside of the frame.

DSCF0440_zpsf4rh8eyk.jpg

DSCF0441_zpslyc7nla6.jpg

Random pictures. fake 2" links in place, fab is done minus plating a few things and spring/upper shock mounts.

Had to hack out part of the skid to get my lower where I wanted it.

DSCF0543_zpsnozrcavb.jpg

Decided to move the assist cylinder over just a little.

DSCF0547_zpsc3yfx7yu.jpg

Track bar mount.. blah blah kinda pointless typing this **** anymore

DSCF0558_zpsk7vh61qf.jpg

DSCF0559_zps8aip3jpt.jpg

BAM...hp superduty beef courtesy of JJ, thanks man. Still undecided on everything beside its gonna be custom width passenger drop. :****:

DSCF0562_zpspnczunpt.jpg

Been checking little stuff off the list. Shooting to have it back out on new years for a local ride :driving: :driving: Spent a bunch money that I didn't have on parts I don't need, 1.25 heims will be in by the end of the week, along with the tbi to 4barrel conversion set up.

Not that I use it very often, but I was tired of opening the hood to pop the free spool on the winch. It is the only problem I've ran into with it being mounted in the grill.

Notched and drilled the end.

DSCF0593_zps5ynmkpwc.jpg

Built a lever, and little mount out of some round bar (I built this lever like 8 months ago, but never got any further then holding it in place and saying yea...that'll work)

DSCF0598_zpsirgn431t.jpg

DSCF0600_zpsr34hvyjz.jpg

DSCF0599_zpscjgsqdvj.jpg

Started cutting up the tbi harness tonight, didn't get to much done on it

DSCF0616_zpssj27nl6g.jpg

Picked up 18' of 2" .25 wall dom (holy **** that hurt my pocket) for links and the track bar, I don't plan on buying and building links twice thumb.gif Plan is to turn the track bar into my other top link when I swap it to the hp60 and full hydro sometime next year

DSCF0614_zpsr6w5zeki.jpg

Box of 1.25" ruff stuff goodies, thanks to daves offroad ;D
Going wheeling tomorrow to get out of the shop for a while. Building links on sunday, hoping to have it back on the ground by that evening :woot:

DSCF0621_zpsdhgcdukw.jpg

Around the house I have sand trails and a couple small wash outs,but I literally live on a sand bar so its pretty flat. Ray showed me a little hidden gem for the gulf coast over by him thumb.gif

And Ray...you know I'll wheel the fancy scrambler harder then half this board does :flipoff1:

I'm done trying to keep this thread in order of when I took pictures, its just gonna be random pictures from whenever, from here on.

Beef. You can see the frameside **** I put so much work and planning into....actually worked out :****: Might be kinda proud of those

DSCF0630_zpskw90oulm.jpg

Thinking I will plate back up to the frame at an angle from the front, it looks like its going to catch everything it comes close to. I can't really tell if it needs it without having the link in place yet

DSCF0601_zps744p26wa.jpg

Looked back and saw I never posted a picture of this stuff in here. 3 link brackets and new spring perches.

DSCF0465_zps7hfk7yja.jpg

Couple late nights and its back on its wheels, and right where I wanted it. Ended up with a set of rear springs out of a trooper....

Frame side coil "bucket"

DSCF0670_zpsj2dhubb2.jpg

Test this,fit that..blah blah. Y'all have all been there and done this **** before laughing1

DSCF0664_zpsba8vr6yg.jpg

DSCF0661_zpsanidht3y.jpg

Still a little plating to do here and there. Going to blow it all back apart, weld it all up final, then blast and paint the axle and mounts.

DSCF0673_zpsayt0cglv.jpg

Pulled the stands out the front, had to stick one under the axle to deal with a leaky tire.

DSCF0678_zpsxnofgq0o.jpg

DSCF0679_zpspr5xy1oa.jpg

DSCF0677_zpspozvqloy.jpg

So far so good, only thing I ****ed up was placing the lower coil bucket on the driver side, gotta hack it off and move it over about an inch.

Looks good man!!
FYI - Hope it doesn't happen to you, but I have bent the snot out of 2" .25" wall lower links :-(
Ask Ray about that at GMP LOL...

I don't think the dana 44/12 bolt will hold up long enough to get into a spot to bend a link :****: They are only like 36-37" eye to eye, hopefully that will help a little as well.

I did buy enough dom to make an extra link,track bar, and new drag link :indianajones: The upper and lowers are close enough that I can use one in the place of the other, making up the difference with the heim. I've got plans for 2.25 alum lowers when I put the 60 in it, but that's next summer kinda stuff.

Getting closer everyday.

Shocks mounted up front, still have to blow everything apart to finish weld.

DSCF0684_zpsjce1donv.jpg

DSCF0692_zpsgljftsyy.jpg

The 3 link moved ALOT of the weight to the back of the truck, so my bastard packs had to get rebuilt. They had 4 leafs in them before, now its back up to 6 or 7.

DSCF0711_zpsci2vhhpq.jpg

Turns out, rebuilding the leafs still wasn't enough and I ended up moving the shackle hanger for the 3rd time ::)

DSCF0717_zpsxlcdc0iz.jpg

This could possibly be the hardest way of doing this, but I wanted a track bar and drag link that were the same length. Rather then making my drag link/track bar shorter I decided to just move the steering box where I wanted it thumb.gif

DSCF0721_zpsc1qphijf.jpg

DSCF0722_zpsrwpo1gii.jpg

DSCF0726_zpsm80qjhwn.jpg

Used part of the sleeves from in the frame to start placing bolt holes. I still have to trim and plate a bunch on it but its in place enough to blow it apart and take care of that stuff when its all apart.

DSCF0739_zpskvulgmhl.jpg

After I cut a new high steer arm everything will be right on. Whole lotta work to get those angles on the steering/track bar, hope it all pays off with minimal bump steer.

DSCF0741_zps502kna8x.jpg

Yup, the outside is already plated with 1/4, going to box the cut/top and bottom with 3/16, gotta get the winch and shocks outta the way so I can get in there. I might try to get the little support that you ran, back on it as well.