• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Would you???

I'm lookin to do an LS swap in my buggy along with all the necessary drivetrain changes. Estimated cost is $4800.

This is not a charity. It's just that I have a full time job, married with 2 kids. I don't have the time or money to do the swap because I need to save for retirement and college for my kids.

If I am able to raise the money for parts I will make time to do the swap myself.

I know all my fellow hard liners understand this dilemma.

Please PM me and I will quickly send PayPal account info to make it extra easy for you.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Well looks like we got some different views here. Guess it's all in perception. Joke or not...just can't see myself doing something like that.

Re:

I'm not sure if it's the same guy, but I saw on Facebook where a guy had started a gofundme account to build his jeep so that he could take his kids wheeling. While I am all for getting people out to enjoy our sport, I feel like I have to work my ass off to be able to enjoy the sport and I have trouble paying for someone else to

09zkrankin said:
I'm not sure if it's the same guy, but I saw on Facebook where a guy had started a gofundme account to build his jeep so that he could take his kids wheeling. While I am all for getting people out to enjoy our sport, I feel like I have to work my ass off to be able to enjoy the sport and I have trouble paying for someone else to

Not the same guy.

I say if you can't afford it, you flat out don't need it and you are a person of worthless moral if you ask for it.....medical issues or tragedy does not fall into this category. I hate a begger.

LightBnDr said:
I'm lookin to do an LS swap in my buggy along with all the necessary drivetrain changes. Estimated cost is $4800.

This is not a charity. It's just that I have a full time job, married with 2 kids. I don't have the time or money to do the swap because I need to save for retirement and college for my kids.

If I am able to raise the money for parts I will make time to do the swap myself.

I know all my fellow hard liners understand this dilemma.

Please PM me and I will quickly send PayPal account info to make it extra easy for you.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Send me your checking account info and I will deposit the money directly... LOL
:dblthumb:

(Copied from Facebook....in response to my comment.)

"Yeah, it's kind of a long story, Eddie. I have always just used other people leftovers, not that I couldn't afford new stuff, it's just always been fun and a challenge to take other people's junk and make it work. I have always ran old ragged tires and it's an ongoing joke between myself and my buddies about my sLickies and Magic Slick SX's.

As the GoFundMe states, I have 4 kids and my wife is in college. Her and I have an agreement that if I want to spend money on my hobby, then I can sell, trade, come up with my own funds. I agreed, hence the "my wife won't let me spend any money" part of the campaign.

I started doing some research and found that people from all over use GoFundMe to raise money (not charity, I don't need that) for all sorts of stuff. Example, a guy is raising money to fund his ice cream truck to hand out ice cream on the trails somewhere. So, kind of as a joke, I started this one, no I don't need the money, no I don't anyone to feel guilted into giving, and no I did not lie or be deceitful in the description.

I would like a NEW set of tires for my crawler, I've never had a set.

Many think it's wrong and many think it's okay. It was never my intent to guilt anyone into contributing, I only did it as a fundraiser for personal use and I only ask for the actual list price of the tires. No extra and that puts me paying the fees and taxes.

So yes, it's real and that is the best explanation as to why I decided to do it."

Sounds like he needs to go to the bank take out a loan and buy some. Hell I'd like a 6.0 for my jeep. Anybody want to chip in ? Who is this guy? I really hope I don't ride with him.

TacomaJD said:
I say if you can't afford it, you flat out don't need it and you are a person of worthless moral if you ask for it.....medical issues or tragedy does not fall into this category. I hate a begger.

THIS. My dad helped me with my locker for my front but I paid him back and he volunteered to help. To ask total strangers though takes serious balls.

Meh, who cares what anybody thinks. I'm pretty shameless. It was explained, I have the money, I also have an agreement with my wife to not spend out of the budget. I also have no bills, no credit card debt, and not reason to any farther explain myself. If you don't like it, don't give.

See, there is someone else just blowing smoke, I've been here for several years. Do your research.

THECR8 said:
Meh, who cares what anybody thinks. I'm pretty shameless. It was explained, I have the money, I also have an agreement with my wife to not spend out of the budget. I also have no bills, no credit card debt, and not reason to any farther explain myself. If you don't like it, don't give.

You have no bills? But are too ****ing PATHETIC to buy your own tires with your own money? At first I thought you were just a bitch, but it looks like you are actually a ***** whipped bitch

First the batmobil thread now this one. :popcorn:

I wonder if batman changed his name again and is looking for more attention.