• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Would you???

johneddie

Got a "friend" on Facebook....don't personally know the guy,never met him. He has started a GoFundme page to raise money ($2000) to buy a new set of tires for his Cherokee. Reason being he can't "spend" money on his hobby because of wife and kids college expenses. Says it's not charity and kind of a joke... :dunno: Thoughts??? I'll reserve my comments at this time.

If people want to give money to help a guy out buying him some tires, then that's their business.

Not really much different than helping someone work on their junk, or loaning them tools, or a trailer, or giving someone a part they need.

Everything has monetary value (including time), it just the actual exchange of real money that gives people a pause.

End of the day, it's all the same.

At least he's being honest, nothing wrong with that!

(I have more pride than to literally ask people for cash to buy toys, but some people don't!)

I don't have any friends on Facebook i haven't met personally. Facebook started out as a good stalker site, progressed to a great stalker site, that is all. Meet people before you click ok, we will be friends.

I have a handful of friends, 173 acquaintances and 6.7 billion strangers.

Seriously not what I was expecting based on title.

I guess have to say the guy's got some guts. If it was for his only means of transportation I believe it would be different. But at least he's honest and not claiming it's for another cause.

lowbudgetjunk said:
I don't have any friends on Facebook i haven't met personally. Facebook started out as a good stalker site, progressed to a great stalker site, that is all. Meet people before you click ok, we will be friends.

I have a handful of friends, 173 acquaintances and 6.7 billion strangers.
This wasn't what I was getting at,but a very good point. I've been thinking about cleaning my page up just to get rid of the stupid crap like that. Guess I'm just a nice guy cause we've got "75 friends" in common. Know I'm "friends" with some on here...but that's different. thumb.gif

Re: Re: Would you???

johneddie said:
This wasn't what I was getting at,but a very good point. I've been thinking about cleaning my page up just to get rid of the stupid crap like that. Guess I'm just a nice guy cause we've got "75 friends" in common. Know I'm "friends" with some on here...but that's different. thumb.gif
I cleaned mine up a couple weeks ago, unfollowed EVERYONE except the shops/people/businesses that are hobby related. Went through and liked/followed a bunch of new stuff.

And then I haven't logged on since lol

johneddie said:
Got a "friend" on Facebook....don't personally know the guy,never met him. He has started a GoFundme page to raise money ($2000) to buy a new set of tires for his Cherokee. Reason being he can't "spend" money on his hobby because of wife and kids college expenses. Says it's not charity and kind of a joke... :dunno: Thoughts??? I'll reserve my comments at this time.

Are you ****ing serious. Sounds like he needs to work a little harder and save some money. Glad he's not on my friends list.

So what's wrong with a set of used tires for half the money rather than asking for $2000 for a new set? Just like buying a buggy, buy what you can afford. Before you know it, he will be needing a new motor and transmission, then what? :dunno:

JohnG said:
THIS. I have a Facebook rule. You can be my Facebook friend Only If I have had you over to my house for dinner, or would have you over my house for dinner. Otherwise, you are not a true friend. The 38 Special Offroad Facebook page is for the others.

So when do I get my invite? :eat: :eat: :eat: :eat: :eat: :eat: :flipoff1:

Re: Re: Would you???

TBItoy said:
I cleaned mine up a couple weeks ago, unfollowed EVERYONE except the shops/people/businesses that are hobby related. Went through and liked/followed a bunch of new stuff.

And then I haven't logged on since lol

I just straight up deleted my Facebook at the first of the year. Too much bullshit and I just had enough. I'm much happier without it and haven't even had an urge to go back.

TBItoy said:
If people want to give money to help a guy out buying him some tires, then that's their business.

Not really much different than helping someone work on their junk, or loaning them tools, or a trailer, or giving someone a part they need.

Everything has monetary value (including time), it just the actual exchange of real money that gives people a pause.

(I have more pride than to literally ask people for cash to buy toys, but some people don't!)

This. Especially the last line.

June dog said:
Are you ****ing serious. Sounds like he needs to work a little harder and save some money. Glad he's not on my friends list.

My thoughts. If it's a hobby and you can't afford it might want to look at another one. That's why it took me 2 years to build my jeep the little I did.

TBItoy said:

I agree with you. Time is money!!! I work for myself and my guys hear me say that daily!