• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

WTF is wrong with my washing machine??????????

zukimaster said:
Everybody meet at JD's Saturday night! we goin to cook out, drink beer, and watch washing machine video's
laughing1. Hope he has the new "washers gone wild" video

Yea yall come on over, we'll also log onto Chad's fake Facebook profile alias (Michael White) and upload pictures of all the fun we have :flipoff1:

My life got a whole lot simpler after I just started replacing the timer ever time my DW's kenmore washer or dryer went south. Appliance wiring schematics suck and 2 or 7 beers don't make them any better. So far, it has worked 100% on the washers and about 80% on the dryers. Your results may vary. :dunno: :dunno: :dunno:

Worst case is the timer don't fix it, then you can carry it to some alkihaulic applance repair man who can fix it and you then have a working washer and a back up timer for when the ****er does burn up.

98TJ said:
My life got a whole lot simpler after I just started replacing the timer ever time my DW's kenmore washer or dryer went south. Appliance wiring schematics suck and 2 or 7 beers don't make them any better. So far, it has worked 100% on the washers and about 80% on the dryers. Your results may vary. :dunno: :dunno: :dunno:

Worst case is the timer don't fix it, then you can carry it to some alkihaulic applance repair man who can fix it and you then have a working washer and a back up timer for when the ****er does burn up.

Quick question, wtf is a DW? Been tryin to figure that one out molaugh

Re: Re: WTF is wrong with my washing machine??????????

It's not that hard to change the motor. It's out but still attached to the gearbox in this pic, but only takes a few bolts to unmount it. I could have the motor completely out in 15 minutes or less

IMAG0140_zps2fcbe827.jpg

I read this whole thread thinking it might have some tech I can use and it did not. I am sending the video to my brother who is an appliance repairman to see if he can diagnose your issues. GLWW.

****, you took half the funkin' machine apart to get that motor out. ;D

Kenmore Whirlpool top load washing machine/washer won't agitate or spin,just hums

Have you taken the back of the top of the washer off and looked in there? Many time you can see something ****ed up; like a terminal burnt off or something. You can also look and see if the motor on the timer is running. Sometimes, the timer motor can take a **** and sometimes the little brass gear on the timer motor can strip out.

If you can't fix this son of a bitch, go work on your ice maker. Its almost always either the timer or the tray heating element and it's eye level and easier to work on.

Had to tak the whole motor/gearbox assembly out as 1 peice to change the clutch band, can't take that out without disassembling the agitator lol. I reckon I'm just gonna carry it to the appliance store, pay him $10, and just hear what he has to say and go from there. Worth $10 to hear what he has to say before I say to hell with it and buy a new one.

85buggy said:
Seriously. You should marry my wife. I would have bought a new
One already.

Usually I'm not that patient and that's what I do, but my parents only live 5 minutes from me and I usually drop by there on Sunday evenings for a little bit anyway so I just carry my laundry with me, wash it, bring it home, and dry it while I watch new episode of The Walking Dead lol. I usually only have 1 load a week to wash, maybe two if I go wheeling one weekend. So it ain't bothering me at all to take my time and try to fix it for half of what I would give for a new one. molaugh

Lil ugly said:
I read this whole thread thinking it might have some tech I can use and it did not. I am sending the video to my brother who is an appliance repairman to see if he can diagnose your issues. GLWW.

Awesome, thanks!

Damn. You must be the world's sorriest ass shade tree appliance repairman if you ain't got that bastard running yet. :flipoff1:

98TJ said:
Damn. You must be the world's sorriest ass shade tree appliance repairman if you ain't got that bastard running yet. :flipoff1:

Ain't had time to get it loaded up and drop it off lol. I live by myself and work 2nd shift, which means most everyone I know are at work or not around during the day to help me load it up and bring it down there molaugh Still washing clothes at the 'rent's house for now so I ain't in much of a hurry anyways