• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

WTF

I am moving them as fast as I can. I have banned him, but seems to be able to post. His IP is different on each post.

Are you banning him and flagging all the things to check off. Like ban on ip, ban on screen name, etc? I have to check everything if I want to keep them out. After New Years I had 38 New Topics on my site all spam....... I hate spam bots....

caglezxj said:
Are you banning him and flagging all the things to check off. Like ban on ip, ban on screen name, etc? I have to check everything if I want to keep them out. After New Years I had 38 New Topics on my site all spam....... I hate spam bots....

I just banned on screen name. I'll do IP if it shows back up, but every post was from a different IP, so I did not figure it would do much good.

Yeah if you do all of them it will keep them out, most of the time you can see who is going to spam so I don't bother with just choosing the screen name. I don't know or remember if hardlinecrawlers.com makes you go to your e-mail and verify the e-mail before posting. If not I would change that, it keeps most of the spammers out. And there is a modification on simplemachines.net that is called Are you a bot? and it ask a question in the registration form that must be picked correctly. It has cut down on the spam I get. Just some ideas.