• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Yet another...MYFORDMYFORDMYFORD... thread...

zukkev

Cornfuzzled yet again...
:booo: Transmission is finally dying a quick and untimely death... :booo: This will put pretty much all my towing fall/winter trips I had planned down the toilet....including hunting this yr.:booo::booo::booo:
Talked with a very good friend/trans shop owner today about it :awesomework:....stay tuned for the build once I get my rack cleared long enough to get the damn thing out...:redneck:

Oh, I'm getting it done...it just will Kaibosh any plans of running east for hunting, or trips requiring towing the Sami (including our Halloween Run Campout at Walker :booo:)...I STILL have my Cherokee for the local snow stuff...:redneck:

Sorry to hear Kev,

and on those local trips, give me a call. I still have my 4runner to limp around. ;)

Sorry to hear Kev,

and on those local trips, give me a call. I still have my 4runner to limp around. ;)
I've still got my Cherokee Justin, but thanks for the offer...
Shoulda bought a Chevy.:fawkdancesmiley:
I've owned nothing but chev's up 'til this truck---I'll keep the ford for towing thanks....:fawkdancesmiley:
Pshh... just throw some mudflaps on the sami an run highway 9 down! You'll be fine!:haha:
Actually it would make it---and it drives pretty good on the road even; It's just that whole getting the camper dpwn there thingy...I don't think it'll fit in the back of the Sami...:redneck:

you can tow the sami with the 66 to the halloween run!:haha::haha:

This right here deserves a quote ALL by itself! :haha::haha::haha:

:ANYWORD: But thanks for the death threat....er....I mean offer! :fawkdancesmiley::fawkdancesmiley:

Well, with everything going on the next few weeks, and no time to pull it---worked out a sweet deal with the trans shop I use....what costs most to just have the trans done, they're doing it start to finish!!!! They're doing the R&R as well-will get some pics hopefully tomorrow of the guts.:awesomework: should have it back by early next week!!! :cheer: Drove it over there this morning (Thanks again Jim for pickin' me up!!!) Man, I miss drivin' her---soooooo much nicer than the XJ! :redneck: Getting a triple disc Billet converter, new and updated clutches/planets/steels, along with a bunch of other foreign stuff!!! :redneck:

I'll give ya a great deal on My Dodge...My Dodge...My Dodge..

It has a 6 speed stick that will not leave stranded and unable to wheel :fawkdancesmiley:

I'll give ya a great deal on My Dodge...My Dodge...My Dodge..

It has a 6 speed stick that will not leave stranded and unable to wheel :fawkdancesmiley:
:fawkdancesmiley: O I wheel....truck or no truck...I gots friends with trucks! :haha:
Um awhile back you were talking about floggin yur junk in the woods, now you're tellin Kevin you
will tow his junk..... Dude you have been on that Island tooooo long. :):fawkdancesmiley:

:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

is it done yet? is it done yet????? :tumbleweed::corn:

:cheer: Just got back from pickin' 'er up!!! Oooooh yeah, it's ON!!!! :D
Going thru the old parts, there wasn't really any one thing noteworthy of carnage pics....the direct clutch basket ear holes were worn, and the direct clutch snap ring had popped off, which is what likely caused the rapid change in how it felt when I noticed something was up with it....she's GTG now!!! :awesomework: