• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Yukon 44 shafts

zuk88

After running mine for 3.5 years I have noticed the ears are spreading apart some allowing my axle U joint to move up and down some.Is this normal for an axle shaft or is it weak material?I know I can take the shaft out and tweak it some,Randy's said to run it till it breaks because of the warranty but I don't feel like swapping it out on the trail.

Of course they said to run it. Then when it gets so bad that it has contact marks in the yokes they will tell you its from oversteering and binding it.

Maybe ask them if they will also warranty your spindle or balljoints or anything else that can **** the bed when an axle lets go in a D44.

Pretty normal for Yucant axles.

Get the yukon bought WARN shafts next time.

What are you running for ujoints?

Its a 44 shaft--its "going to happen". Superior seem to be the best out there for longevity but the drawback is a very hard and brittle shaft but they seem to hold up pretty decent.

Steve pull it and take it into there will call and talk to somebody directly with it in your hand and show how the caps are loose. That is considered a "failed" part weather its in an off road/on road vehicle.

I'm running Longfield super U joints.I think back when I bought them it was the made in India batch.I got them through S&N fab and had them custom cut so maybe I should talk to Little red zuk on this one.
Do the stock factory axles do this too?

Mine did(stockers). Started welding the caps and did just fine till the crappy 44 stuff simply blew apart.

So those would be good enough just to finish up the rest of the trail then :haha: I thought they would last longer than this,I'm running 33's with a Detroit but I do take it through some good stuff :awesomework:

It sucks because I'm willing to bet that they would void your warranty if you tack welded the caps into new aftermarket shafts. I've had really good luck tack welding caps into stock 44 shafts, I wheeled for several years on stock shafts with spicer joints tack welded in, on 36" tires with a Detroit.

Best you can do is talk to Randy's again and tell them straight up that you don't think they should fail like this, and that "running them until the break" is not a viable option.

Yeah like Chop shop said "will they warranty my ball joints,U joint or the spindle" probably not.Talked to another person today from Randy's on this and he'll get back to me :;

Went through the same bs when I had my 44 with Randys and Yukon axles, except mine did come apart (over and over again).

I ended up trying a set of Nitro shafts and 300m joints that made it about a year of hard abuse untill I broke a stub wich they took care of right away with none of the BS like I had to go through with the yukon's.

Good luck, hope you get them to warranty your axles.

Went through the same bs when I had my 44 with Randys and Yukon axles, except mine did come apart (over and over again).

I ended up trying a set of Nitro shafts and 300m joints that made it about a year of hard abuse untill I broke a stub wich they took care of right away with none of the BS like I had to go through with the yukon's.

Good luck, hope you get them to warranty your axles.

Randy's has always been good to me, never had warranty issues, i call.. they send me parts.:beer:

Thats pretty comon, happens alot when u need a 60 :fawkdancesmiley::haha::awesomework:

Steve, just take to them to will call and see what happens,I have never had a problem warranting my shafts

Talked to Darren yesterday at Randy's and said they can take care of them but the shafts were custom cut so I would have to take care of that.

I'm running Longfield super U joints.I think back when I bought them it was the made in India batch.I got them through S&N fab and had them custom cut so maybe I should talk to Little red zuk on this one.
Do the stock factory axles do this too?

WRONG all of our u-joints and everything else is made in the US.