• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Zuk Buggy 2.0

Finished out the front bumper today, got new radiator hoses, and tightened portal kingpin bolts back up. One fitting away from being able to wheel this weekend.

TDBDloPh.jpg

0FXs7Cgh.jpg

SKq9l4Nh.jpg

I really need to get back on my hood project, so it looks more "Samurai" :D

QG1CAQZh.jpg

q1LLGpVh.jpg

Took it for a quick rip around the neighborhood to make sure everything was working right before this weekends trip. Hard to get much speed between stop signs, so I may need another freeway run to see what top speed is with the new tune. Front tires are completely full of water too.

NY1y4cXh.png

sleepsontoilet said:

That right there is why I am looking at just going with a normal D44 style shaft, but in a 1.5" 35 spine flavor on my portals. If I can fit a bigger ujoint than that I will

Well I figured it out, as it was driving me insane the last 24 hrs. I did not measure my shafts too short. I accounted for the 1.125" gap of the centerpin using RuffStuff Specialties tool. The Yukon grizzly locker doesn't have one and is allowing the shafts to touch and slide back and forth 1.125". Which is exactly the length of the ruined splines on the Branik Motorsports 300m shafts. So had I ran a different locker this would have never happened. I ordered the 3rds after I ordered the shafts from Stan Haynes, and didn't even know to look. Branik didn't do anything wrong. I ordered shafts based on the ruff stuff tool before I ever ordered thirds. Wish I'd caught the mistake. Jesse said no clips on the RCVs, and I've never ran a dual spline shaft. One with a yoke wouldn't have slid in, or a semi float flange. That's all I've ever ran and made sure to cut them to account for a pin in case I ever switched lockers.

b4TcQMrh.jpg

Hand notching sucks. I should have done this prior, but got in a rush with everything that was going on. Needed to add these, some catch cans and a lid before werock comes to town.

uQWxGPih.jpg

fl-krawler said:
Gonna build something new? And the 10 million dollar question, are you gonna go with portals again?

I don't really have enough parts for a thread yet. The divorce landed me in more debt than I'm comfortable with, so I was trying to be an adult. The new one will be a much cheaper Zuk based rig. But Zuk Buggy 3.0 is coming :D

Here's a little hint...

Mh29Xdph.jpg