• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Zuk Buggy 2.0

Don't forget to give your baby a bath before tucking them in to bed. Dyno day in the morning...

m51VAcLh.jpg

Had another successful Wheelers4Wishes this weekend. Always a good time with great friends and donating toys for a good cause. I think the judging was biased and The Dirt Squirrel was robbed, but I brought a new trophy home. Trying to iron out a new years trip, but the new tune is nice. She rips donuts like nobody's business.

0RRPtFMh.jpg

8aNtiyNh.jpg

Had just enough aluminum left over from the floor to make some quick skins. I'm going to have to tweak the wheel well arch, but it'll do for now or until someone buys it. Gonna start tinkering with cleaning up the hood and getting it mounted up.

oQrgc3Xh.jpg

Je18oLEh.jpg

untchabl said:
Already thinking about selling it?

Everything is always for sale, and I enjoy building as much as wheeling. Portals are the best axle in rock crawling, but this thing is too expensive. I kinda want to go back to a true Zuk based buggy and do a little turbo under 10k again.

paradisepwoffrd said:
I guess a radiator/engine hoop list now?

Yes, but I'm gonna do my best to come up with something that doesn't look like a bag of dicks hanging off the front.

rugger99 said:
Damn...that sucks. What was the overall damage ?

I'm not sure of the "proper" winch terminology, but the left and right side that the gear box and motor bolt to have a cracked ear, the bridge that connects to two sides and the plastic solenoid cover. And the $179 Speedway Motors radiator. Gonna try and tuck it under the hoops a little tighter and put something over the winch. Hopefully sub $500 damage, I'll know more when Warn opens tomorrow.

sleepsontoilet said:
Everything is always for sale, and I enjoy building as much as wheeling. Portals are the best axle in rock crawling, but this thing is too expensive. I kinda want to go back to a true Zuk based buggy and do a little turbo under 10k again.

I totally get that. You probably don't want to hear this, but I like your old rig better. It was simple and effective and looked badass. Simple rigs are usually the most fun...
Those portals are flashemifyougotem though!

DirtMonkey said:
I totally get that. You probably don't want to hear this, but I like your old rig better. It was simple and effective and looked badass. Simple rigs are usually the most fun...
Those portals are flashemifyougotem though!

I like my old rig better too, but I didn't want to lose my son. If this sells, expect one very similar to the old one to be cranked out.