• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Four Cylinders

I have seen this buggy a few times, badass, super cool rig, but i have never seen it "crawl" not saying it cant, but everytime i have seen it, its at 10k rpms, I had a Hayabusa for awhile, them and all other sport bike engines dont make any torque down low, This buggy in a straight shot hill climb would be hard to handle, put it in a rockpile, different story! but really dont give 2 shits either way

74_Chevota said:
Nah he isn't, but the guy is in our club and one of our very good friends, and I promise you it will crawl better than most buggies and it also puts 225 hp to the rear tires with 37's on it. Badass little ride.

As far as the 4cly class, I don't have a dog in the fight but keep it simple. One class.

Ain't knocking the guy's buggy at all, but I think Chad (zukimaster) was talking about the broad power range of a busa engine. 225 is a lot of hp for a busa engine to crank through a full size drivetrain to the wheels. But regardless of how you look at it, 225 hp in something that turns 11-12k rpms ain't like 225 hp in a 5-6k rpm engine....probably a major torque difference too. That's what he was referring to. I've seen vids of the busa buggy and was at RBD. It's definitely one of the better performing buggies I've seen with sportbike engine swap....power band seems more consistent compared to others, I guess you could say.

And I agree on the keep it simple, one class. :dblthumb:

zukimaster said:
This buggy in a straight shot hill climb would be hard to handle, put it in a rockpile, different story! but really dont give 2 shits either way
You're amusing me, thanks. That buggy has a gear ratio for every situation and believe it or not enough torque to turn the tires over :eek: laughing1 :dblthumb:

muddinmetal said:
Tell him to join the comp and show us all how it is
We've already discussed this comp a little. I doubt he would care for a rock crawl course 7hrs from home. I know I wouldn't. An "unlimited" 4cyl hill climb or rock race would be tempting for some of us but we generally prefer trail riding.

GONOVRIT said:
We've already discussed this comp a little. I doubt he would care for a rock crawl course 7hrs from home. I know I wouldn't. An "unlimited" 4cyl hill climb or rock race would be tempting for some of us but we generally prefer trail riding.

Well shut the phuck up with the smart ass remarks then. :gtfo:

The Busa buggy has the bike transmission plus a Toyota truck transmission, so it can crawl slower than most rigs even though the motor is typically turning twice as many rpm's as a typical car or truck engine. The high rpm sound fools the viewer.

How can you have this much talk over a damn race,I just don't get it.Your either in or out come on guys man up and make this happen.Thinking about pulling some plug wires off and running with you,come on.......

454tbacon said:
How can you have this much talk over a damn race,I just don't get it.Your either in or out come on guys man up and make this happen.Thinking about pulling some plug wires off and running with you,come on.......

**** I crawled 1/2 the park at GMP with 2 plug wires and 2 injectors unplugged in the Gremlin

454tbacon said:
Lol, I dont know how many are familiar with the "King of the Hill" races held by RCRC several years ago. The only rule that separated the the rigs were tire sizes and unlimited being a tube chassis IIRC.

37" and down classes which consisted of mainly Jeeps and Toyotas were very competitive vs. the 38" and up classes. Too many times people get wrapped up in the thought of "well he has more power so he is faster" mindset. Consistency and picking a good line is way faster 90% of the time vs. hitting something 40 mph and getting off course/breaking.

Whatever is decided I would enjoy watching tho.

zukimaster said:
See, Everybody already tryin to make this way to difficult! not sayin there is not that 1 super bad ass 4cyl out there somewhere, I have been on alot of rides around here for a few years now, might see a turbo samurai here and there, other than that Hayabusa powered buggy, ( which if he dont keep it a 10k rpms, its not really worth a **** either) i dont believe nobody is going to be that far ahead of someone else, and far as tires goes, think about, if its a all 4cyl class, hell i would hope everybody showed up with 44's, and me on my 35-37's, I think anything over a 39 with a 4cyl not goin to have enough power to be competive anyway!

We have a thinker, believer and now a hater. Penal extensions and a moist mouth will get attention, but not win this race. :eat:

Hey ****stick, I dont even have a dog in this race! i got a V6 engine, just tryin to make a point that everybody wants the rules to work in there favor only! just like bamatoy said, alot of the time, the guy with the big engine and bad ass buggy, ****s up and hits it wide open and breaks or gets off course! so with that said :flipgotcha: And for the guy and his buddys that own the busa buggy, in no way im I hating on ya! Didn't mean for it to sound that way, that is a bad ass outfit, with a lot of out of the box thinking! I really wanted to put a S&S V-twin in mine one time, but there would be no way of really keeping it cool enough.

Stump said:
We have a thinker, believer and now a hater. Penal extensions and a moist mouth will get attention, but not win this race. :eat:

Nothing like a 4 cylinder race thread to bring out every dirty **** bag on the site.... :wtflol: