• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

05 rhino opinions.

Eddyj

Looking at an 05 rhino. Is there anything I should be look for. I have 0 experience with rhinos.

If it cranks and runs your good. I had one and was rough on it sold it and it still runs good today.
My brother has one with over 3,000 miles on it and had totalled it out 2 times and we are redoing the cage and all again but still runs great. Im not sure you can actually destroy one like a rzr..

I was looking at one as well. Are they real top heavy?
I was looking at getting one for the wife an little girl to follow
The buggy.

In stock form they are not that bad. I did turn mine over but it was on something that I had a better shot of turning over than making it on anything I tried it with. I wouldn't hesitate for my wife and child to drive one in the woods. If they do turn over the cage is not fence post like on a rzr. It is .120 wall tube.

One of the biggest things I know of from my rhinos purchase is check the alignment of the rear differential. The rhinos rear differential is prone to twisting left to right and front to back breaking the top mounting tabs. Also check for oil in the air box. Mine does not smoke but does get excessive oil in the airbox, think it is valves need adjusting but not sure yet. Still runs excellent. If it still has the vacuum fuel pump you may have hard cold starts and may randomly die once it gets heat soaked. I put a electric fuel pump on to solve the starting dyeing problems. I really like the 4 wheel drive options offered and the low range torque. If you get to looking for aftermarket add-ons check out trail armor in north Mississippi, really good folks to deal with.

I have been thinking about getting into a Rhino for a while... I had a rzr for a while and they are fun for hauling butt down the trail but it lost its allure with me pretty quick...
I like how the Rhinos hold up and seem to be a lot better for all around use. Plus it is pretty annoying to me that a lot of these parks will not allow 4 wheelers and I like to carry mine with me when I wheel in case the "B" word happens or I just feel like cruising around and don't feel like dragging the Toyota around.

Re: Re: Re: 05 rhino opinions.

smbroady82 said:
I have been thinking about getting into a Rhino for a while... I had a rzr for a while and they are fun for hauling butt down the trail but it lost its allure with me pretty quick...
I like how the Rhinos hold up and seem to be a lot better for all around use. Plus it is pretty annoying to me that a lot of these parks will not allow 4 wheelers and I like to carry mine with me when I wheel in case the "B" word happens or I just feel like cruising around and don't feel like dragging the Toyota around.
Haha I've been thinking about getting a rhino for using around the house and taking as an auxiliary ride on long trips to the parks in KY and AL

Re: Re: Re: 05 rhino opinions.

TBItoy said:
Haha I've been thinking about getting a rhino for using around the house and taking as an auxiliary ride on long trips to the parks in KY and AL

it is def nice having more than one toy at these parks especially if you are staying for more than a day ride... and theyre handy for running parts too

Ended up picking it up. For a good price. Has aluminum rims nice mud tires (70%). Warn winch. Radio. windshield and some goofy ass Led lights.
I'll post some pics soon. Probably plasti dip it.

My 660 rhino lasted 8 months before the transmission blew up,guess something about a faulty bearing housings?? It ruined the engine case and all,I traded that junk off rolling,buddy bought a 700 rhino before he made his 1st payment it did the same thing atleast his was still under warranty,know of 6 or 7 others that I rode with years ago that theirs done the same thing.. Good luck with yours,maybe you got a good one?? I still know a couple folks that have rhinos that have never been serviced or maintained and always been rode like they were stolen and still going

Re:

I bought my parents a new 700 rhino in 09, I serviced it a few weeks ago for the first time. It has 2700 miles on it.

It had an issue with the display fuse blowing, but it still ran fine so dad never worried about it, while I had it in the shop I unplugged and dielectric greased every connection I saw, seems to have fixed it.

One rear CV axle was clicking, I changed the outer joint, brakes were fine, all fluid levels were good, I changed the engine and diff oils anyway.

And I installed the winch that I got dad for Christmas 3 years ago that has been sitting in his garage...

This is going to be my back up rig and little wheeler until my buggy is finished. I'm not looking to make this the ultimate rhino maybe just make sure it works well. It has a pipe on it. ( a little loud for my taste )
I'm very surprised how peppy it is. Not ever driving a rzr. Just a 07 ranger.
Plans for this overpriced golf cart are;
Hid lights
Plasti dip
Bedliner on cage
Got a pair of stock plastic doors for free. Probably put those on
Ride it and not spend 8 years building it. :driving:
[tr][td]

Any suggestions on products or upgrades are appreciated.
Thanks.

Anybody know of any rhinos with a "southern style" cage? You know rolled tube, bunch of unneeded bends, pointy **** everywhere. :dblthumb:

Re: Re: 05 rhino opinions.

eze4aba4.jpg

My old rhino

Bumpers said:
eze4aba4.jpg

My old rhino

Nice. I'm going to have to ask you to :gtfo: sir. This is supposed to be a simple little back up rig. AND YOU SIR ARE GIVING ME BAD IDEALS!

Eddyj said:
Nice. I'm going to have to ask you to :gtfo: sir. This is supposed to be a simple little back up rig. AND YOU SIR ARE GIVING ME BAD IDEALS!

:gay: ;D

I would recommend jbs as well for aftermarket and stock parts he can hook you up and help a ton with everything.