• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

100 miles of trail @ Walker Valley

Fantastic!!! I just wanted a clear view on position on who is in.......and who is out.

_________

Anyone else want to be "in"?

Does anyone want to let us all know that you're "out"?

Some babies are never adopted out.. Some are raised by wolves. They are too ugly, or are from the wrong side of the tracks. I will not give up hope. I will care for them regardless.

:awesomework::awesomework: I think 100 miles of 4x4 trails is a good number!!!!!i also think adding to the bike trails is also a good thing...Since i might have a trail bike soon!!!!:awesomework::awesomework::awesomework:

:awesomework::awesomework: I think 100 miles of 4x4 trails is a good number!!!!!i also think adding to the bike trails is also a good thing...Since i might have a trail bike soon!!!!:awesomework::awesomework::awesomework:

I have a bike as well so i agree more trails for bikes as well is an awesome idea:awesomework:

Fantastic!!! I just wanted a clear view on position on who is in.......and who is out.

_________

Anyone else want to be "in"?

Does anyone want to let us all know that you're "out"?

Oh pick me!! I want to be "in"......... wait.... what are we "in"?

Like Rick is saying, we dont really care about how many miles of trails there are, we would rather have 1 mile of BYS, OM, or SOL then 100 miles of gravel path main line. :fawkdancesmiley:

Using this concept......Is that what we're doing at Reiter?

Thats what we are going to "try" to achieve. As we all know nothing is in stone till the crap hits the dirt.

But to add to what Jakob started we can use the manashtash/nachies areas for an example. I don't know the trail mileage but I will say there is allot. The trails are not hard and have obstacles here and there but its still fun to go out and pound allot of trail. But that system was designed and built in an old skool way. With the progression of todays rigs and the mindsets we are screaming for better quality of trail more than anything.

Just sayin...

Walker this weekend

as long as my **** list gets done getting a new tow rig will be bringing kid ,leaving the rv at home might be tenting it or if i can figure something else out .been there a few times but never completed a trail always turned around when got dark so might need shown around anyone else game ,how many mi are there know?

My thought of 100 miles of trail is similar to a whistler-blackcomb situation. That ski area has so much trail that no matter what expertise you have, Beginner, Mod, Adv, it'd be very hard to do all the runs within one weekend even in your skillset.

Reiter will have ~9 miles of what I hear could be very difficult terrain. If its 9 miles of BYS or the Busy, thats awesome. But what about those on stock rigs? What about those on 33-35s?

This is why I'm aiming for that 100 number. probably 33 or so miles would be BYS/Outlet mall/BUSY difficulty. If we had 33 miles of that, it'd keep the expert rigs tied up all summer.

Add to that another 33 miles of mod-difficult trail (33-35, one locker), and you have 60 miles of decent trail for those with 35+ tires, lockers, etc.

Add another 33 miles of easy naches or current walker style easy trail (connectors, view trails).

Quality has many different terms. I do not think X miles of only hard trail is 'quality' in terms of an orv park. Quality has to encompas the whole spectrum of users. By giving each sub group enough trail, bypasses will stop happening because people would have options.

as long as my **** list gets done getting a new tow rig will be bringing kid ,leaving the rv at home might be tenting it or if i can figure something else out .been there a few times but never completed a trail always turned around when got dark so might need shown around anyone else game ,how many mi are there know?

4.5 miles, and about 500ft of hard stuff (expressway, v-crack, and play rocks)

Here is some interesting info for those wondering about FS mileages.

Attachments

• TrailsExistingCondition-DistTrailType.pdf
    67.3 KB · Views: 49
4.5 miles, and about 500ft of hard stuff (expressway, v-crack, and play rocks)

Ive been were ya go through yellow gate take left start trail express way on left did that then turned around went up rest of trail 2 way of some hefty rocks then trail cuts off through woods to off camberd clearcut etc want to see more need to camp though such a far drive..

My thought of 100 miles of trail is similar to a whistler-blackcomb situation. That ski area has so much trail that no matter what expertise you have, Beginner, Mod, Adv, it'd be very hard to do all the runs within one weekend even in your skillset.

Reiter will have ~9 miles of what I hear could be very difficult terrain. If its 9 miles of BYS or the Busy, thats awesome. But what about those on stock rigs? What about those on 33-35s?

This is why I'm aiming for that 100 number. probably 33 or so miles would be BYS/Outlet mall/BUSY difficulty. If we had 33 miles of that, it'd keep the expert rigs tied up all summer.

Add to that another 33 miles of mod-difficult trail (33-35, one locker), and you have 60 miles of decent trail for those with 35+ tires, lockers, etc.

Add another 33 miles of easy naches or current walker style easy trail (connectors, view trails).

Quality has many different terms. I do not think X miles of only hard trail is 'quality' in terms of an orv park. Quality has to encompas the whole spectrum of users. By giving each sub group enough trail, bypasses will stop happening because people would have options.

Jacob in all honesty nobody wants to build all of the trails to where the less built rigs would have no trails. You know as well as I do that whenever new "trails" are built 99% if not all would be stocker trails. If this were to happen then it really gets us nowhere because the advanced guys are still going to go and "find" stuff to play on.......It's important that in the trail plan we include advanced trails as well as easier trails and that the powers that be understand what we mean by "advanced". We just went through this at Reiter showing the DNR big wigs what an advanced trail is and now I think they have a much better understanding. If the same DNR people are involved at Walker then we don't need to do it again but if new people are involved then they also need to understand what we are after.:cheer:

Latest posts