• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

1943 MB Tube thingy updates...

Some of the shaft...

I figure some one would ask about the final on the shaft...

After measuring the two journals I shimmed one "V" block .030 and claped the whole thing to the table - tacked, rotate 180, tacked, rotate 90, tack, ect...

Then I started runing small 3/8" long root beads alternating sides... Fast foward about 8 more passes and the finish cover weld can be seen...

The TIR was around .004" at the second journal and ~.002 - .003" concentricity at the sleeve - I think this was mainly from having the clean the press plug hole that was non-cocentric as supplied from the factory with and endmill in the lathe...

All in all I was pretty happy - we'll see if it lasts...

Matt

I will try and get some pics of the rebuilt NP202 - I did not shoot internal pics as a big gear case is not very exciting and I was busy chasing falling parts with no manual - there were 150+ loose needle bearings in various bores... :rolleyes:

Attachments

• shaft_assembly2.jpg
    shaft_assembly2.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 541
  • shaft_assembly3.jpg
    shaft_assembly3.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 541
  • shaft_assembly4.jpg
    shaft_assembly4.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 539
Doubler box length + t-case pics

The doubler box is 9.75" to the tip of the output seal and ~12" to the ujoint centerline with the slip yoke in it...

I got most of the t-case done and wired - just need to add 90wt and hang it...

Matt

Attachments

• tcase1.jpg
    tcase1.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 523
  • tcase2.jpg
    tcase2.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 523
  • tcase3.jpg
    tcase3.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 524
  • tcase4.jpg
    tcase4.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 522
:D Isn't that wire to keep from loosing the bolt that falls out? He must be thinkin that he is going to lose alot of them bolts. :redneck:

Safety wire 101

Yup - it is safety wire... basically you drill the bolt heads and run twisted stainless wire such that the wire will tighten if either bolt loosens...

I use it because A. I am overly anal... B. It is a good mechanical lock... C. I like the look :flipoff:

Working with race cars has given me a real distrust for loctite and pure torque for retaining bolts in blind holes...

Matt

ex1.jpg

ex2.jpg

ex3.jpg

ex4.jpg

ex5.jpg

ex6.jpg

ex7.jpg

ex8.jpg

My house is inhaling what little jeep budget there was so I am stuck on buying a hydraulic pump so I can design and build the fluid tank, and then buying all the hydraulic line/propane line & fittings and wiring the thing...

I still have to drag it into the shop with the overhead hoist to get the motor in... So I need to pull the mock up block and weld up some hidden stuff and paint the motor compartment... Firewall needs some intake clearence and a seal around the throttle cable... Transmission needs to be ceaned up and I need a new torque converter...

Some gauges probably would be a good idea too...

So I figure it will be another couple of months until I have most of the big stuff squared away :rolleyes:

wanderingwillys said:
My house is inhaling what little jeep budget there was so I am stuck on buying a hydraulic pump so I can design and build the fluid tank, and then buying all the hydraulic line/propane line & fittings and wiring the thing...

I still have to drag it into the shop with the overhead hoist to get the motor in... So I need to pull the mock up block and weld up some hidden stuff and paint the motor compartment... Firewall needs some intake clearence and a seal around the throttle cable... Transmission needs to be ceaned up and I need a new torque converter...

So I figure it will be another couple of months until I have most of the big stuff squared away :rolleyes:

It will be worth the wait it sounds/looks like!

Looking good Matt! :Good: But pictures defiantly do not do justices to all the work you have put into that willys.

wanderingwillys said:

I have a hydraulic pump off a toyota forklift you can have if you would like..... I was going to use it on my junk but I have not room under my hood...

Thanks for the offer - is it a pulley driven pump? - I have done most of my setup to run a pump with a PTO shaft that comes off the crank snout and then runs back under the driver floor boards - the top of the tank was planned to be the actual floor pan on the driver side...

Any ideas on GPM or displacement on the pump...

wanderingwillys said:
Thanks for the offer - is it a pulley driven pump? - I have done most of my setup to run a pump with a PTO shaft that comes off the crank snout and then runs back under the driver floor boards - the top of the tank was planned to be the actual floor pan on the driver side...

Any ideas on GPM or displacement on the pump...

Right now it has a small prop shaft off the front. It once was direct drive off the crank snout on the motor...... I also have the cylinders and control valves for the hydraulics..... Flow rate I am not sure of, but, it is yours for the taking if you will remove it from my shed.....

Thanks Brad - I need to make some time to clean up the pump and see if I have room for it...

Otherwise I got the brackets for my free accusump done and ready to weld in...

I am currently on my 4th serp belt. since I have a mixture of 87' non-HO and 91/92' HO accessories + a small uncommon p/s idler pulley... Gates.com is coming in handy for the trips to napa...

Matt